Monday, November 28, 2011

Some fall/winter fun.

It's been a little while since I wrote anything here.
We had some fun days :)
Jennifer came to visit from N. Carolina! yay! And I don't have a single picture of her! Boo!!
We went for lunch with Jen and Auntie Meg and Oma and Uncle John one day and went for a field trip to the water clock. Again. But it was just as fun and crazy the second time :)
Here is a pic of the girls and Auntie Meggie all cuddled up in the back! Fun!!


And we made a gingerbread house at Oma's house with Auntie Meghan. SO a favorite thing to do over Christmas!! This one turned out quite well. Danny even helped. Although I have no pics of him to add. Oh well. We still have other fun pics :)


AND!! We made FUN monkey cupcakes! That didn't look anywhere NEAR as good as they did in the picture. But were still lots of fun to make. We decided on pink and blue. Pink because that's Jen's favorite color - and they were for her birthday! And blue because we kind of bombed on Uncle John's birthday earlier in the month. Here's some fun pics of that as well.


And some cute pics of Esther with some of her favorite people. Auntie Meghan was sitting in her favorite spot so she squished herself in there no problem. Made for some adorable photos.



And .... I thought there was something else to write about... Hm... OH!
Yes. Bryant came in just a few minutes ago and Esther thought he was SO funny for having a pencil tucked behind his ear and underneath his toque. Moments later Danny came in from the kitchen like this:
Like Daddy like Danny :) ADORABLE!!

Here's a few cute things the girls have said lately.
- Esther looking at a green light while driving: That green light is making me want peas!!

- Esther seeing a McDonald's: There's McDonald's. There's fries in there. If you poked it with a needle it would explode and there would be fries everywhere!!

- Esther cuddling her stuffed cat in the car in the dark: It's okay, Cat. God is always wif us!!

- Esther: (Saying goodnight to Uncle Jason and Auntie Meghan) And Cat... I mean Ruff... I mean Spot wants to say goodnight, too!! (Cat is actually a dog so she keeps changing its name)
Uncle Jason: Okay. Good night Rough Spot!

- Bryant: (to Maria who was singing in her bed when she was supposed to be trying to sleep) Maria you have to sing quietly so Esther doesn't wake up.
Maria: I can only sing quietly when my feet are covered. Can you fix my blankets, please?

Dan has been talking SO much more now!! Wohoo!
Here are some fun things he now says: Chyoop = soup. Yaps = lap. Esser = Esther. Eeya = Maria. John, Jen, he has a funny version of Meggie that I can't figure out how to write. He also just copies everything you say. There were other cute things he said. The other day he came to me and said "up. on yaps!" It was so funny and sweet.
And speaking of yaps. He fell asleep in my arms yesterday!! It was so so so sweet. I was supposed to be making dinner but just stayed and cuddled him a good 20 minutes or so because I just was loving every minute!! I can't even remember the last time he did that!! It has been far too long!! I didn't know how much I missed it! Totally reminded me how bittersweet this pregnancy is because it will be the last one we have (Unless God has other plans). I really need to enjoy every moment! It goes so fast and then it's gone..... BUT. I am fully planning on having other nieces and nephews to hug and cuddle and have fall asleep in my arms after I am done having kids. So. I'll make it :)

And I think that's all that I'll write about today.
Thanks for reading!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE that pencil-imitation thing!!! So cute! And Danny looks so grown up in those pictures, wow!

    Aw, I don't know the last time Tanis slept on me, either. It's such a sweet feeling. :) I'm glad you got to do it again with Danny!

    Did you always think you wanted 4 kids, or have you been seeing how it goes as it goes along?

    Say, we don't see pictures of YOU very often. How would you feel about sharing a belly pic? :) I'd love to see one!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya! I should do a pregnant picture of me. I just never seem to think of it! I will try to very soon.

    I think when I was younger I always wanted five kids. And after we started having kids and found out how hard they were on me I thought maybe just three. Three was the smallest number that I wanted. This was the first pregnancy where Bryant and I both felt that we think we're good.
    We'll see, though. But for now those are our thoughts. It's a tough decision to make.

    And yes! Danny is looking so big and grown up now. He's such a fun and neat kid :)
    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great!! I'm so blessed to have you guys as such a huge part of my life!! :D

    ReplyDelete