I feel like a ton has happened since I last wrote here. A pregnant photo of me was not one of them. Haha. Sorry. It's on my list of things to do next week. I should write that list on paper! It might help me organize my life more ;)
We do have a Rudolph van. This cracks me up every time I look out my window!! Maria saw one and asked that if we ever saw one that we could get one as well.We found one :) You can't see it well in the picture. But still...
We had a SUPER fun and interesting lunch yesterday. Maria LOVED it! We cut up some hotdogs and broke some spaghetti in half and then poked them through the hot dog slices and then boiled it all until it was ready. It was so fun and silly and the kids had a blast.
The other thing food wise that the kids really love these days is "surprise food". All I do is cut up all kinds of fruit and cover it all with yogurt and mix it up. Every bite is a surprise and they are just so tickled pink by this! Also Esther loves eating the "Bark" off the grapes! haha.
We made snowflakes out of coffee filters. Super hard to take a picture of if you don't know how to use a camera. Maybe we'll make some more and take pictures BEFORE we hang them. That's an idea...
Maria has been doing some drafting with Daddy the mornings that Mommy sleeps in. They are working on designing an "M" chair to cut out on the router and paint later. Awesome!! He's also working on an "E" chair for Esther. I love my guy :) Right now the bed is being sanded and painted!! Another couple of days and we'll have a triple bunk bed!! Here's hoping Danny will love FINALLY being in a big boy bed and will adjust well.
The kids all had a sleep over with Uncle Jason and Auntie Meghan! So fun for them! This was the first time and they had an absolute blast. And B and me had a super great and relaxing night out just to have some uninterrupted time together to talk about plans and dreams and reminisce. SO wonderful. A good night for us all :)
Maria got her 1st report card!! Doing well in all areas. No surprise there :) It was fun and neat and encouraging. You always kinda have a little self doubt as a home schooling parent. I'm glad we're well on track and doing good. Yay!
And. Maria and I have been working on our drawing skills. We have a book on how to draw animals and here's her chick. We're now studying animals in Science so this was neat. LOVE being there to witness her conquering new skills. AWESOME! I am so loving home schooling. Even though it makes my life that much more chaotic I'm glad I'm doing it :)


The kids were playing with play dough today. It was SO funny because Esther was covering her car with brown play dough and Danny looked over at her and with a disgusted and shocked look on his face said "OH NO!....POOP!... BLAH!" I nearly fell over laughing. It was SO funny. I seriously need to grow up a bit... But I know this will make me laugh later on as well. And maybe make Dan laugh, too. A funny memory ... Okay. Moving on....
For Bryant's Christmas present we made this owl. I'm quite proud of myself for getting over my wanting my kids to be perfect stage. And let them cut out all the shapes on their own! This was a HUGE thing for me and I knew it was stifling my kids artistic side and making them "need" to be perfect at their young and tender ages. DON'T do this!! This was also a neat project to learn about shapes. There's one rectangle, a triangle, a heart (upside down) and tons of circles. Oh, I have to say I DID cut out the heart but only because the origional heart was to big and already had glue on the bottom). And the little quote I thought was adorable. With my photography skills being what they are I'm not sure you can read it but it says : Owl always love you. Isn't that not the most ridiculously cute thing EVER?! I loved it and stole it off pinterest :)
The kids were all playing together and I found them like this and so stole a couple of pics. Super cute :)
They also have been suuuuuper snuggly these days. Like super. Duper. And here are a couple pics to prove it.
And because I'm making this so super long and random anyway, here are a few cute pics to add as well. :)
And the biggest news is that I'm an Auntie again!! My newest niece was born on December 4th. Her name is Isabella Kimberley Noel. And she is beautiful and it was so lovely to get to hold such a new little life again. It made me SO anxious to hold my own. But at the same time I'm no where NEAR ready to have this one so I'm okay with it, too :)
And I do believe that will be the end of today's update.
Thanks for reading!! :)
Oooh! I love the crafts! I've been wondering how to make snowflakes for our windows. Not that I have any coffee filters, but they're probably cheap! :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I love all the pics. Especially the hot dog spaghetti thing, that is so cute! It's so awesome to make food fun. My favourite meals when I was little were when we'd have a "funny lunch" or "funny supper" - it would just be random stuff like that, fruit, cut-up veggies, finger-food type stuff! Hooray. I've already noticed that Tanis likes things better if I cut them in fun shapes and stuff. We do "apple cars" with raisins for wheels, and "banana coins," for example, and that makes eating all the more exciting!
Aw, I also love the pic of Maria snuggling with your mom. Cute!
I laughed at the POOP thing too, don't worry. ;)
And that is some VERY good colouring by Esther and chicks by Maria!
Looking forward to the belly photo. :)
Hi Allie :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment :)
You actually don't need coffee filters. I just used them because I thought they'd be easier for Maria to cut. You could just grab some regular paper, fold it in half a few times and cut shapes into it. You could google home made snow flakes and get such great ideas!!
I love making food fun, too :) it's more work and takes more time, really. But it's one if those things where I'd LIKE to spend my time. I get so caught up in completely unimportant things with no meaning that just doing something fun and silly lights up my day - and they eat SO much better as well :)
We should definitely do apple cars! Very fun!
And today the kids played with playdough again and Danny kept asking for the poop - it was so funny.
I love the girls coloring and drawing! And I know that I won't keep everything but now I have some photos as well :)
And I really want to try for an actual belly pic this week! It's high on my to do list!