It's a new year.:)
A good year so far.
Here's a bit of an update.
I went to the doctor just to make sure everything was okay. I was getting less and less comfortable with the mild pain and pressure and cramp-like feeling and seemingly unending braxton hicks. And it turn out that it's pretty normal the more pregnancies you have to feel more pain. Apparently the uterus is like a muscle that gets stronger with every pregnancy so that's why there's more pain. So that was a huge relief! Also hearing the heartbeat and knowing that I'm measuring right and everything makes me feel a lot better. I just have to make sure that I take it easy when I'm feeling more pain. So there's great days and there's days that get pretty much completely written off. It's obviously even harder now to manage my days and to organize when I don't know what they'll look like. But we'll make it! About 11 weeks to go now. I'm so looking forward to the end! :D
We started school again. I was a bit amazed at how rusty Maria had gotten after such a short break! I can't imagine how teachers feel after an entire SUMMER of no school! But she's caught up well and is doing great again. She's learning about weather in school now. So we made this little weather chart. I want to go out and fly kites with her but it's not been very windy at all lately :(

We also finally made that gingerbread sleigh. It was fun and even funner to be able to eat it right away instead of having it stay as a Christmas decoration type dealy and then be all stale when we ate it.

Maria wanted to make herself a necklace so I grabbed my beads from forever ago and we made some fun necklaces together. The girls are HUGE into princess related stuff and always want to look "gorgeous" and "beautiful" so funny :) I also made one in boy colors for Dan because he's not been having naps and was SO excited and there's already so much he's not allowed to do (painting toes, putting om "lips" and having pretty hair etc) that he's not allowed that I just let him have a necklace!



Danny has been talking SO much now. Pretty much in sentences though he gets them mixed up.
The other day he said "Dean home....No.... Dean come MY home (He patted the couch beside him). Dean sit here!" He is so funny in how polite he is. I was watching him crash his cars together and he was saying "Ow! hurt me, you! no, genk you!" Even at night when he wants another bottle I'll hear him say "More mouk, peece!" and he always says "Genk you, Mommy" while half a sleep. So sweet! He still LOVES his tickles. He still calls them "sugar" sometimes. The other day he came and laid on my lap and said "Sugar me" It was so funny and cute! He's so wanting everything the girls have or get to do and so often I hear him say "Me, too!" or "My turn, ya!" Another thing he says a lot is "Oh, YEAH!" It's quite funny. Today one of his sisters poked him with a toy and he said "NO poke again me!" He's playing with Maria with a little veterinary set and it comes with a little clip board to attach to a shirt so he keeps saying to Maria "Again put on me, peece!" He has a toy that comes apart easily so he'll often come to me and say "Break it me. Fix it you, peece?" Those are some examples of how he talks now. It's pretty cute and fun.
The other day I was vacuuming and he took it away from me, pointed at the couch and said "You. Couch. You Shyeep!" and then he "vacuumed" for the next 15 minutes or so :) So sweet. I hope he keeps doing this as he gets older.
The girls were asking about the baby yesterday and Maria said "Mommy, does the baby like it in your tummy?" and I said "Yes, it's warm and safe in there" Esther piped up and said "Ya! That way she won't run away!" And Maria added "And no one will step on her!" I'm not quite sure how they come up with this stuff, it's SO funny!
We were in the car driving to Oma's house and Esther said "Trees have leaves and we have hair!"
At Oma's house the other day Bryant was helping Esther put on her jacket and she accidentally called him "Opa"then she laughed and said "You're not Opa!! You're all furry!"
I can't remember if I have said this at all yet or not but Maria has been learning to knit with my mom and I. She gets bored pretty quick but she has really gotten the hang of it. I taught her a little poem to make it easier. "In through the front door, once around the back, hop through the window and off jumps jack!" If you know how to knit then maybe you can picture how this would work really well to teach a small child how to knit. Maria and Oma are working on knitting Teddy a scarf together :) Very fun.
Well, that's it for now. Maybe I'll add more later.
Thanks for reading.
A good year so far.
Here's a bit of an update.
I went to the doctor just to make sure everything was okay. I was getting less and less comfortable with the mild pain and pressure and cramp-like feeling and seemingly unending braxton hicks. And it turn out that it's pretty normal the more pregnancies you have to feel more pain. Apparently the uterus is like a muscle that gets stronger with every pregnancy so that's why there's more pain. So that was a huge relief! Also hearing the heartbeat and knowing that I'm measuring right and everything makes me feel a lot better. I just have to make sure that I take it easy when I'm feeling more pain. So there's great days and there's days that get pretty much completely written off. It's obviously even harder now to manage my days and to organize when I don't know what they'll look like. But we'll make it! About 11 weeks to go now. I'm so looking forward to the end! :D
We also finally made that gingerbread sleigh. It was fun and even funner to be able to eat it right away instead of having it stay as a Christmas decoration type dealy and then be all stale when we ate it.
Maria wanted to make herself a necklace so I grabbed my beads from forever ago and we made some fun necklaces together. The girls are HUGE into princess related stuff and always want to look "gorgeous" and "beautiful" so funny :) I also made one in boy colors for Dan because he's not been having naps and was SO excited and there's already so much he's not allowed to do (painting toes, putting om "lips" and having pretty hair etc) that he's not allowed that I just let him have a necklace!
Danny has been talking SO much now. Pretty much in sentences though he gets them mixed up.
The other day he said "Dean home....No.... Dean come MY home (He patted the couch beside him). Dean sit here!" He is so funny in how polite he is. I was watching him crash his cars together and he was saying "Ow! hurt me, you! no, genk you!" Even at night when he wants another bottle I'll hear him say "More mouk, peece!" and he always says "Genk you, Mommy" while half a sleep. So sweet! He still LOVES his tickles. He still calls them "sugar" sometimes. The other day he came and laid on my lap and said "Sugar me" It was so funny and cute! He's so wanting everything the girls have or get to do and so often I hear him say "Me, too!" or "My turn, ya!" Another thing he says a lot is "Oh, YEAH!" It's quite funny. Today one of his sisters poked him with a toy and he said "NO poke again me!" He's playing with Maria with a little veterinary set and it comes with a little clip board to attach to a shirt so he keeps saying to Maria "Again put on me, peece!" He has a toy that comes apart easily so he'll often come to me and say "Break it me. Fix it you, peece?" Those are some examples of how he talks now. It's pretty cute and fun.
The other day I was vacuuming and he took it away from me, pointed at the couch and said "You. Couch. You Shyeep!" and then he "vacuumed" for the next 15 minutes or so :) So sweet. I hope he keeps doing this as he gets older.
The girls were asking about the baby yesterday and Maria said "Mommy, does the baby like it in your tummy?" and I said "Yes, it's warm and safe in there" Esther piped up and said "Ya! That way she won't run away!" And Maria added "And no one will step on her!" I'm not quite sure how they come up with this stuff, it's SO funny!
We were in the car driving to Oma's house and Esther said "Trees have leaves and we have hair!"
At Oma's house the other day Bryant was helping Esther put on her jacket and she accidentally called him "Opa"then she laughed and said "You're not Opa!! You're all furry!"
I can't remember if I have said this at all yet or not but Maria has been learning to knit with my mom and I. She gets bored pretty quick but she has really gotten the hang of it. I taught her a little poem to make it easier. "In through the front door, once around the back, hop through the window and off jumps jack!" If you know how to knit then maybe you can picture how this would work really well to teach a small child how to knit. Maria and Oma are working on knitting Teddy a scarf together :) Very fun.
Well, that's it for now. Maybe I'll add more later.
Thanks for reading.
Your kids really have a way of expression. Sugar pls..ha ha soooo cute. Maria might become knitting instructor someday. It is so amazing what knitters do. I am learning to knit a pair of socks now.
ReplyDeleteGloria