Monday, February 20, 2012

February update.

Here's an update.
We're good. Mostly healthy now except for the bad cough that just thinks I'm pretty great and won't leave me. The very best part is that we're all sleeping well again. Hooray!! :D

Maria had her 2nd term meeting today. She did super duper :) She greeted the teacher at the door with a big, hyper grin, jumping up and down in the tutu Meghan made her. HILARIOUS! She's so fun and loved it and showed off all her work. We're doing great! I mentioned that I wanted to take a week or two off possibly after Baby was born and apparently Maria could easily skip the rest of the year! We won't of course :) But it was just so nice to hear she's doing so well. She is especially good at Math and reading. She can read a sentence and can often still remember what the first word she read was so her comprehension is really great. I think we'll just keep right on going at the rate that she's going at. The Science and Socials is more up to me and isn't difficult for her at all. Just looking at family. We made a family tree and a booklet about Oma and also compared Oma and Esther. Just seeing how we're special. Weather was the term 2 Science subject. Nothing too difficult or even really that she didn't know. The last thing we'll cover before term 3 is how water can change state. But she made popsicles with Oma last week so really she already knows this :)
And that's pretty much it. Just glad to know that we're doing good!

I'm back at learning Bible verses with Maria again. We've either re-memorized or memorized these verses:

Psalm 118:24
This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Proverbs 15:1.
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

As you can see we're working on attitude :) This is as much for me as it is for my children. I've been thinking a lot about joy and being cheerful and just straight up smiling more. Maria said to me the other day "mommy, you hardly ever smile!" And I thought "Really?!?!" I *feel* like I do... But how often do I REALLY smile AT my children and WITH my children when I'm home alone with them? And how often am I too preoccupied to actually juts look at them and smile? Am I just smiling in my head? Hmmmmmm....? Well. It made me think and make the goal for myself to smile more. To make it a habit. To just stop when one of the kids want to chat and just. stop. listen. and smile. I think it will make quite the difference! As much for me as for them. A saying I read recently was "Your day will go the way the corners of your mouth turn". So I will try and choose to have a happy FACE to go along with my happy attitude :D see?

Baby wise things are well. This little bean is confusing me completely. But is happy and still inside of me and is moving like crazy!! :) Can't wait to meet him or her! We got a new car seat and stroller. I won't write about the hassle that was! ha! But I WILL say that my mom and Meghan are completely amazing and I love them both dearly. The end. I'm beginning to pack my hospital bag. And am attempting to "spring clean". I can honestly say my house has never been clean enough to spring clean before. There was always AT LEAST one room that was a complete disaster and needed a TON of help. So I would focus on that room but it would take so long that I'd get behind on everything else and it was really just a terribly vicious cycle! But right now all rooms are pretty much caught up. Hooray!
There's a few more meals in the freezer. But I'm starting to use them now :S Just because they're there and they're not pizza. But there's still lots left and I don't feel bad using them especially with us being so sick.

The kids have been cute lately.
So impatiently waiting for the baby.

Esther came to me and hugged my tummy this morning and said "Mommy, you've had the Baby for a LONG time! I want to have it now!" Awwwww... :)

Danny, I think, understands that there's a baby in my tummy now. When you ask whether he wants a girl or boy baby he'll say "boy!" But when you ask what the boy baby's name will be he says "Danny" :)

We told Danny that when he's 3 we'll get him some skates and put him in skating. This has really helped him with not wanting to be a 'Rina (His word for ballerina). He now says "Me boy. Me no dance! Pay hockey, me! First skates buy. Pay hockey. Fall down". So fun :)

The other day Maria was needing some assurance that I still loved her. So I said "Maria. I love you SO much! YOU are my favorite Maria! What would I do without you?"
And the silly turkey responded with "Well, you'd just have more kids!" And I have to admit that my heart kinda broke a little... so sad.
And I said "Maria, even if I had more kids I would never, ever have another you! Even after the baby comes I won't know what to do without you!"
Then she smiled and said "Well, without me you'd have to take care of the baby all by yourself!"
mmmmmm I love that girl.
And then today. She says "Mommy! I love you so much! So so so so so so much! Even as much as Oma!" hahaa. Whatta kid :)

And that's it. I'm done :)

All's well and I'm smiling. My old thought for morning was more like Garfield's: I'll rise But I sure won't shine!! :) Still funny. But Now I want to wake up and think like Elf: I like smiling. Smiling's my favorite!

Alright. Thanks for reading!!
Will be back soon, I'm sure. And it won't be long til we're back with some BABY NEWS!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't even keep up with all your posts lately!
    So glad to hear Maria's doing so well with school that must be so encouraging. I don't know how you do it, but you almost make me want to homeschool my kids!
    Glad to hear you got the car seat and stoller situation sorted out, i didn't know strollers expired to?
    It's a pretty harsh reality when our children bring things up like Maria did- definitely makes you stop an reevaluate. Jaxon will at times ask me if I'm sad- I think I need to smile more too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela :)
    Thanks for commenting!
    Ya the home schooling is going great. I have to admit I was pretty pessimistic but it's a lot less work than I thought and shes covering way mre than she has to. I'm really seeing how completely inefficient real school is! It's a huge decision though. You have a lot of time to think about it :) but I think you'd be amazing as a home schooling mom. You have great ideas, are super outgoing and have tons of time ad energy for your kids :)

    Ya sometimes the kids come up with things that make stop still and really wonder what makes her think a certain way. She seems to be quite over it, though. Maybe she just needed some affirmation that she still has a special spot in my heart. I saw an idea online that deals with this very well and I'd like to try it out. I'm sure I'll blog about it soon :)

    And smiling. I've found that really paying attention to how much I smile has shown me how much I actually DON'T. But I'm working on changing that :) and it's helping me be happier too.
    Interesting how God works sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. And I don't think strollers expire. It just didn't make sense to buy just a carrier style car seat when it was only a tad more to get a stroller that it fits in. Long story though. I'll tell you sometime :)

    ReplyDelete