March 20th already. I really, really can't believe how fast this month is flying by and leaving me in the dust. I think most of that reason is because we've pretty much had constant colds since the first week end in March and there have been many, many wake ups at night. Thomas had about 4 nights this month where he was up every 20 minutes to 2 hours the entire night. Not sure why. And it's hard to remember that it's just a phase and to have grace and patience for him. I know I'm gonna miss this one day. It's just not right now. haha.
So here's a little update on our crew.
We're good. Not healthy, but good. Maria just got her term 2 report card back. And I am pleased to report that she is meeting all requirements and is exceeding in Math and Reading! Exciting!! I want to work more on her writing but am not sure how. I guess with practice - same as anything. But I think I may change the material we're using for Language Arts as it really just doesn't seem to be working that well for her anymore. And is really confusing ME a lot! And LA was the ONE subject in school that I was really, really good at. Perks of home schooling, I guess.Being able to change the material, that is :)
For our last term we'll be studying the human body and organs etc. I'm pretty stoked about this whole home schooling thing now because I'm realizing how much I DIDN'T learn in *real* school! And I want to know more about the human body as well. I bought a little felt set that includes the body and all the organs etc. It has tons of pieces but it also has pieces to teach about the reproductive organs (Which of course we don't need just yet!!) But Esther found a piece that had a baby in a womb and she stuck it to her tummy and raced in to the kitchen with the HUGEST grin and said "LOOK, MOMMY!..... But it actually isn't real. Don't worry!" I laughed so hard. :D These kids. I love them.
And because I have at least a couple friends that read this blog also interested in home schooling at some point I want to share about this fantastic Science set I found. (People not interested in home schooling feel free to skip to the next paragraph). It's called A Reason For Science Hands on Activities With Scripture Values. It's so great because it has a work book and a teachers guide and step by step instructions and experiments for each lesson. It is amazing simple to understand and teaches a lot. I never enjoyed Science because it always seemed to go over my head. A lot. And so I have really been dreading teaching Science. Not so any longer. I am actually excited! What? Yes. Excited! I will definitely be posting on here about some of the activities we're going to be doing on here. Such a great resource. AND it also has Scriptures for each lesson. So awesome!Okay. Enough about school :)
We've been having some sun. Yay!! And we've been outside. Of course. The kids love the big puddle/lake that forms outside our house. They play in that until they are soaked to the bone and we can pour the water out of their boots :) No pics of that though. Here's a few pics of us hanging out in the back yard the other day.




Esty found a special, beautiful rock :)

Danny was thrilled the ground was dry enough to lay on

Tommy wasn't sure about the whole grass thing...


Bryant mowed the lawn so Maria gathered a few things

And made a nest!

Bryant made the kids a little balance beam out of spare wood. And the kids practiced their gymnastics.

I love this pic of B and our middle kids :)

My friend Angela and I finally began our idea of taking turns caring for each others children so that we can have a break. I started with having her kids and it all went so well! Seven kids 6 and under and there really were no real problems! And I had so much fun :) Normally the kids play and I visit with Angela so it was fun actually just being with the kids.
Here's a pic of the girls :)

And the big boys. Hahahaaha. Such a guy pic :)

Can I just say how incredibly thankful I am to have friends around that trust me with their kids and that I can trust with mine. I can't imagine being a parent without all my amazing mom friends :) I love you all! We've had lots of visits these days. At Captain Kids and at our friends houses. And lots more to come. I love being busy! Here are two pics that I stole from my friend Kelsy. I LOVE this one of Thomas and Jude playing together at Captain Kids. Kels, you take great pics of my boy!

And then Thomas and Jude playing together with my nephew Isaiah in the nursery at church! I can't believe our little Zay pup is sitting already! Go, Isaiah, go!! Now that Thomas is mobile I'm more than happy to cheer for you! ;p

Maria went to take a bath and she positioned Teddy at the door like this so that he could watch her and still not get too wet from splashes. Isn't this so completely adorable!?!?!?

And one of Maria's drawings from lately. I have so many! But I do love this one she did of a figure skater. Another of her dreams is to learn to skate. At an olympic level, of course ;) haha!

Also. There are two wiggly teeth in Maria's mouth right now! I cannot WAIT until she has a gappy tooth smile :D :D
And that's all that I have time for. This week needs to be about catching up. And more than just my blogs!! Thanks for reading. I know I have so much more that there is to say. But it will wait. Now off to clean before getting a sitter for the kids and going to our Home Group :)
Have a super night, readers! Or day. Whenever you read this.
So here's a little update on our crew.
We're good. Not healthy, but good. Maria just got her term 2 report card back. And I am pleased to report that she is meeting all requirements and is exceeding in Math and Reading! Exciting!! I want to work more on her writing but am not sure how. I guess with practice - same as anything. But I think I may change the material we're using for Language Arts as it really just doesn't seem to be working that well for her anymore. And is really confusing ME a lot! And LA was the ONE subject in school that I was really, really good at. Perks of home schooling, I guess.Being able to change the material, that is :)
For our last term we'll be studying the human body and organs etc. I'm pretty stoked about this whole home schooling thing now because I'm realizing how much I DIDN'T learn in *real* school! And I want to know more about the human body as well. I bought a little felt set that includes the body and all the organs etc. It has tons of pieces but it also has pieces to teach about the reproductive organs (Which of course we don't need just yet!!) But Esther found a piece that had a baby in a womb and she stuck it to her tummy and raced in to the kitchen with the HUGEST grin and said "LOOK, MOMMY!..... But it actually isn't real. Don't worry!" I laughed so hard. :D These kids. I love them.
And because I have at least a couple friends that read this blog also interested in home schooling at some point I want to share about this fantastic Science set I found. (People not interested in home schooling feel free to skip to the next paragraph). It's called A Reason For Science Hands on Activities With Scripture Values. It's so great because it has a work book and a teachers guide and step by step instructions and experiments for each lesson. It is amazing simple to understand and teaches a lot. I never enjoyed Science because it always seemed to go over my head. A lot. And so I have really been dreading teaching Science. Not so any longer. I am actually excited! What? Yes. Excited! I will definitely be posting on here about some of the activities we're going to be doing on here. Such a great resource. AND it also has Scriptures for each lesson. So awesome!Okay. Enough about school :)
We've been having some sun. Yay!! And we've been outside. Of course. The kids love the big puddle/lake that forms outside our house. They play in that until they are soaked to the bone and we can pour the water out of their boots :) No pics of that though. Here's a few pics of us hanging out in the back yard the other day.
Esty found a special, beautiful rock :)
Danny was thrilled the ground was dry enough to lay on
Tommy wasn't sure about the whole grass thing...
Bryant mowed the lawn so Maria gathered a few things
And made a nest!
Bryant made the kids a little balance beam out of spare wood. And the kids practiced their gymnastics.
I love this pic of B and our middle kids :)
My friend Angela and I finally began our idea of taking turns caring for each others children so that we can have a break. I started with having her kids and it all went so well! Seven kids 6 and under and there really were no real problems! And I had so much fun :) Normally the kids play and I visit with Angela so it was fun actually just being with the kids.
Here's a pic of the girls :)
And the big boys. Hahahaaha. Such a guy pic :)
Can I just say how incredibly thankful I am to have friends around that trust me with their kids and that I can trust with mine. I can't imagine being a parent without all my amazing mom friends :) I love you all! We've had lots of visits these days. At Captain Kids and at our friends houses. And lots more to come. I love being busy! Here are two pics that I stole from my friend Kelsy. I LOVE this one of Thomas and Jude playing together at Captain Kids. Kels, you take great pics of my boy!

And then Thomas and Jude playing together with my nephew Isaiah in the nursery at church! I can't believe our little Zay pup is sitting already! Go, Isaiah, go!! Now that Thomas is mobile I'm more than happy to cheer for you! ;p

Maria went to take a bath and she positioned Teddy at the door like this so that he could watch her and still not get too wet from splashes. Isn't this so completely adorable!?!?!?
And one of Maria's drawings from lately. I have so many! But I do love this one she did of a figure skater. Another of her dreams is to learn to skate. At an olympic level, of course ;) haha!
Also. There are two wiggly teeth in Maria's mouth right now! I cannot WAIT until she has a gappy tooth smile :D :D
And that's all that I have time for. This week needs to be about catching up. And more than just my blogs!! Thanks for reading. I know I have so much more that there is to say. But it will wait. Now off to clean before getting a sitter for the kids and going to our Home Group :)
Have a super night, readers! Or day. Whenever you read this.
I can't believe March is almost over, but I am super excited for warmer weather and sunny activities!
ReplyDeleteMommy friends are the best! Thanks again for taking my crew- can't wait to return the favour!
I also can't believe Maria already has wiggly teeth, growing up so fast!