Friday, August 9, 2013

Gone Fishin'

Bryant surprised me on Sunday and made plans to go fishing with my brothers Dean and Jason. I was so excited! Fishing was something I did with my family growing up and Bryant also went fishing with his dad as a kid and we really love passing on traditions to our little ones.
 Maria is really growing up and becoming more independent. Here she is getting all set up...

Uncle Jason helped Danny

I cannot believe he is still only 3. This guy just seems so so big to me! He loved being out here and is always asking to go fishing!

Jason caught the first fishy. No big ones this day.

And helped Daniel release it. These two photos are so sweet! My kids have the very best uncles. I am so thrilled for them!


Bryant getting Esther sorted out :) She is not the huge into fishing...

But absolutely LOVED being in the water and playing around.



Maria was pretty serious about it all. She's casting on her own as well. She is growing up far too fast! Uncle John and Auntie Jennifer, Maria was so excited to finally be able to use her tackle box for fishing! Such a great birthday gift. And Auntie Meghan she did actually save that candy necklace and gave a little candy to everyone that caught a fish. It ended up breaking, though so the kids ate the rest. It was really cute, though :)

And caught her very first white fish! She's caught a few bull heads already but this was her first real point. All my life we've played a game where each kind fish is worth a certain amount of points - and bullheads are minus 1 point because they swallow the hook right into their stomachs and make it  a complete pain to pull out! Anyway. White fish are worth 1 point and she was so SO excited! The uncles would, of course, always let her have 1 point even for a bullhead but there really is something very exciting about getting a proper point!

And. Release.

Dean caught a couple mini sturgeon. Worth five points per foot. The kids were super interested in these fish. They are quite pokey and sharp. I'm truly amazed at God's handiwork sometimes!

Danny had a go at holding it.

And Uncle Dean teased Tommy with it. Thomas was not the least bit frightened by it.

Uncle Dean and Thomas are buds. I can't believe how well they get along. I don't even seem to exist when Dean is around! They fished together, and took the hooks out together....



But they let Esther do the releasing :)

Between Bryant and Dean caring for the kids I was able to really relax and do a little fishing of my own. It was SO fun! I had such a fantastic day!!

Thomas did come for a couple Momma snuggles so I still felt a little important ;) I love his little behind-the-soother-smiles :)

 I let Esther real in a fish and she was SO happy! And Danny was adorable and fantastic and cheered for everyone that caught a fish! "Oh! Wow! GREAT job! You caught a FISH!!"

And I had the most fantastic views!




But I have to say this was one of my very favorites. Haha! I don't even feel bad. I love him to bits but his naps are also a delight!

I'm so thankful for days like these. With family and fun, laughter and God's amazing handiwork.
I hope you all enjoyed these photos. It was such a special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment