Monday, October 7, 2013

October already!

Alright.
So I haven't written here in almost a month and now feel so far behind I don't even know where to begin! I have about a hundred pics I want to add ;) I'll try and weed some out, though.
It's been a busy time. Too busy really. Which is why I have been so MIA.
We did go on a trip to the zoo with Meghan and Angela and all the little ones. That was tons of fun as usual. As long as we didn't stay in one place long. The wasps were many and very aggressive! We couldn't even stop to have lunch! So we ate on the run and kept ahead of them.
Here we all are on the train. The kids were so excited to be allowed on the very front all alone without an adult! Esther was so sweet and happy to stay with Thomas and myself :) 

 
 Isaiah's first train ride!

Riding the animals as usual ;)



 
Checking out the cheetah.

I don't know what it was about Danny but the cheetah was definitely stalking him! It was more than a tiny bit scary and I was a bit worried that the fence wasn't high enough. It was just following his every move, crouched and then randomly racing around its pen.
 
 I think it was something about the noisy wheels on his bike that rubbed the cheetah the wrong way.

These pigs made me all nostalgic and reminded me of when Maria was very young and went through a stage where she was completely obsessed with pigs...
 
 Here she is a little over 2 years old and totally into pigs. I couldn't find one of her with a pig so I'll add one of her at that age and one of the pig taking a bath ;) Oma you remember this, right?! Oh, man. Hard to remember her being so tiny!!
 
 
 Anyway. I'll wipe away the tears and move on ;)
The kids of course loved the park and swings. Love these of Isaiah and Thomas.
 
 
 And the new cow in there. MOOOO!!

We went to the girls friend Ellie's house twice recently. Once as a play date where we hung out and played. The girls hid out in Ellie's room and played lego and the boys played nicely while I was able to chat a while with Lynn. We also checked out the ravine and the kids loved the adventure. Thomas enjoyed it for a bit.


But soon began missing his siblings. He knew they went this way. I absolutely LOVE this new habit of holding his hands behind his back. It is so adorable!

They're coming back, right?

Oh! There they come :)


This last week was nuts. Bryant was away hunting for 6 days so I moved in with my parents. He made sure and made the week end before special as he was away for my birthday. He took us all out shopping and erranding on Saturday. We went to the dollar store, a quick stop at the library, the grocery store and then for lunch at White Spot. I had chicken wings and eggs benedict. SO. GOOD. Then he made food pretty much up until he left. He bought me a Samsung something something screen for my birthday. Which has been great and I love it :) And we'll be ordering me a new wedding band as I'm right back to allergic to my wedding rings I have right now. But I'm still keeping them for dates because I'm able to handle them for a few hours at a time. It was so nice to have that special time with him. And then still have a whole other birthday with the rest of my family. I'm a tad selfish, I know :)
On Monday the kids met up with some other home schooling kids for an author study party. I decided I'm going to do another post with all the other random things we have going on. And art will be in that post. Mostly. Anyway. That was super fun. It was interesting to learn a little about Eric Carle as a person and then look into his work some more and we read a book by him and also did some art, which was fun.And a visit with Oma before Maria had dance. And then cheering the uncles on at a late (For the kids) hockey game. How's that for a nice relaxing start to the week? ;)
Tuesday was Uncle Dean's birthday so we made a trip to the dollar store, made him some art. I will share in age order. Maria's first, then Esther's, then Daniel's



Then off for some swimming. I was so pleased with myself for having them both booked for Wednesdays at 4:30. I really like only once a week a lot better. But when I got there i found out I had them booked at 4 :30 on Wednesdays AT DIFFERENT POOLS! Oh boy. Pride really does come before a fall ;) So now they are both in the same pool on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
So we came home in time for dinner. Happy Birthday Dean! We sure love you!

Esther learning the ropes from the pro. John somehow got the job of being the official ice cream scooper of the family.

And then of course was my birthday. My mom went to great lengths to make it superbly wonderful for me. She and the kids had so many nice surprises. We didn't have much time in the morning as the girls had their Adventures in Writing class in the morning. But I got some great cuddles, Lucky Charms and coffee in bed. My mom got the crew ready so I could sleep in a bit more. Yay! And we were off. While the girls were at class we went to the mall and did some shopping and ran some errands. The boys did great so we let them on the rides


And then before we knew it it was time to get the girls. And we got a text from Meghan asking my mom to sign some paperwork for her so she could send off her papers. But of course that was just their way of meeting so that we could all go to lunch! I did not even guess! Being so tired helps with not wondering about every little thing ;) Meg made me cookies and even though it's so hard to see I took a picture because I love that she carries on my Opa's old nick name for me. Except she has a teeny tiny problem with overdoing it ;) The cookies were delish and I ate almost all of them by myself!

So we went for lunch and I asked to go back to White Spot so that I could order the exact same thing as on Saturday with Bryant and we had a great time. Maria drew this pic of the birthday girl :)

And Daniel and Isaiah were hilarious entertainment for me ;)
 
 
 
 And then it was back to Oma's for a little break and calm before the took me to McDonald's for dinner. This was the only thing that I did guess. But they still surprised me by having Jason and Meghan, Dean and my cousin Kevin come out as well. And they came again the next day for my *real* birthday dinner. So it was really quite delightfully wonderful. And my present from my mom is a shopping trip with her and hopefully Both Meghan and Jennifer :) Yay!

Thursday was much more relaxing. We still went to the store and got a new crib for Isaiah, went swimming, fed Auntie Jennifer's cat while they were away and played and cuddled with it, had my birthday dinner and the kids helped Uncle Dean put the crib together. Super cute
Friday the kids went to their friend Lucas' birthday party. What a sweet little buddy he is :) It was all fireman themed and the kids had a blast. So fun! How great it is to have good friends for our kids! I love this one of Esther and Lucas and also of Deb and Eden in the background :)

 
 
 Then we had Isaiah over for a sleep over just so that the cousins could all have a sleep over together :) And Saturday morning we packed up to head home and because I'm just a sucker for punishment I took the kids to their first ever Home Depot work shop. Thanks DT for the super idea! I will never attempt this alone again! haha! They got little aprons with their names on them and will get a badge for each project completed. I set Tommy on the table with a hammer and let him have at 'er. It was very noisy and stressful as they all needed a bit of help but were having a hard time being patient and waiting so wanted to rush ahead resulting in bent nails, lost pieces and possibly a couple tears. Thankfully not from me ;)

 


And then. We checked out the firetrucks. The firemen were super friendly and kind and the kids did much better than I thought they would.They climbed right on up and I think Tommy would happily have spent the rest of his life there ;)


Daddy took a bit longer to get home than I thought so I packed up the crew and went grocery shopping. I chose the ready made sandwiches and sushi, Esther chose the chips, Daniel chose the popcorn and Maria chose the ice cream and we went home and sat around and ate junk and watched tv. The boys fell a sleep in the car and here they lay when I brought them in. So sweet!

And that was our ridiculous week. Unfortunately this one is only marginally less busy and I picked up a cold. Hooray. Hoping I'm better soon and so with that I'm taking this tired body to bed to get some very much needed zzzzzzz's
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment