Anyone else ever look at the year and think "Hm... I remember being in school and writing 1994...." Anyway. I'm getting older. But really, I wouldn't have it any other way as I wouldn't give up any stage or year of my life. So that's a good thing :)
I was really pleased this year that Danny especially was interested in the Easter story and asked a lot of questions. It also worked out well that I had just given them all lollipops so they were calm and quiet anyway. It has been hard not to continue devotions that way - it was so easy! I was able to read about the Passover meal, the betrayal, Jesus on trial, Jesus is crucified, the empty tomb and Thomas believes. So that's 6 stories. They are only two pages each but they do have quite a few words on them so I was thrilled. Maria was excited because she hadn't actually learned about Jesus on trial and about Pontias Pilate and Barabus etc. It was great to have them all listening and asking questions! I read these short stories out of a book called "The Story of Jesus" by Christpher Doyle and Gillian Chapman. There are 60 stories about Jesus and it's really good! I don't know how popular it is as I bought it in the sale rack of the book store for $3.00. But, I think, a very good book.
We did some Easter crafts. We didn't end up doing most of the things I wanted to do. Mostly because I am on bed rest and was exhausted. I wanted to make another sort of Easter scene like we did last year with a potato and cross of bits of rocks and sticks and things from outside. But that never happened. And I wanted to do an Easter egg hunt where each egg has a number and a Bible verse inside with a small item (Nails for when they nailed Jesus to the cross, a purple piece of cloth for when they put a purple robe on him and mocked him, a thorn(s) that was like the crown of thorns they placed on his head etc). But maybe next year.
We did do this fun bunny craft. I just saw it on pinterest. I could have opened the link and saw that they they simply taped all the strings and were done. But nope. We do things the hard way! We used a glue gun. Kimberley helped Esther


t
Maria was mostly able to do it all on her own. I had to make sure the string was attached well enough but she did great!



And I don't know if letting a 4 year old use a glue gun was the best idea. But he seriously did brilliantly! He is mature beyond his years. In a couple areas. He insisted on having green eyes as that's his favorite color. But they are so teensy! I love it :)


They also colored these egg printouts that I found. They LOVE coloring! Something I know my brothers and I spent hours and hours doing :)

We did a neat, simple little craft. You just tape a cross onto the page. I had a very helpful helper that pushed the tape down tight for me. So it ripped a bit as i tried to peel it off. I recommend painters tape if this is a craft that a-peels to you ;) But I love how they turned out. Even Tommy loved it!




Oma and Opa had the kids for 2 nights for us. That was pretty amazing. It was super weird having 2 nights to ourselves and having to spend it at home on the couch, resting. No dinners out, no walks or anything. But we were thankful for the rest and quiet. B kept looking at me and saying "hear that?" and of course I heard nothing. That was the point! :)
I couldn't miss out on the Easter egg decorating fun, though! I went back for that :)




And just to prove that it's not all fun and games ;) I think I took his egg away before he was done with it. It was cracked and he was trying to peel it.

Danny loved it!



Esther and Maria are getting better at decorating now :)


Esther's monster truck egg


I love these next 2 photos of Maria's egg. I think they're my favorite.


Isaiah helped this year as well. He was so funny and cute and was always ready for the next egg!



And the finished product! :)


And the fun part! The Easter egg hunt! Opa hid them all again this year :) So fun to have Isaiah join in this year. Hard to believe Olive will be close to his age and joining next year!











These next ones are my favorites :)



The fun always ends too soon, doesn't it?!

The girls made a really fun and neat little craft in Sunday school. They were quite thrilled. And so was I. Especially since I was disappointed that we didn't do something like this ourselves.


Daniel and Thomas went to Sunday school with Oma and Danny surprised me so much by writing his own name! I have been encouraging him to for a while now but we really just haven't gotten very far at all. We hadn't even mastered the "D" yet. But a little encouragement from Oma and he came running to show me that he could write his own name! :) Pretty good for a first try, if I may say so myself :)

And. The kids finished Easter by making a fun bunny cake with Kimberley :)

This Easter I thought a lot about God giving His only Son to die for our sins. I guess when you're pregnant and ticking off the days trying to stay pregnant so that you can give your baby the best chance at survival, God purposely allowing His Son to die for others sort of takes on a whole new meaning. So this year I was thankful for the life He gave on the cross for me and also for the new life that He has given that just keeps on growing and growing inside of me.
Here is a photo of me at 31 weeks. We have made it so far already. I am so thankful.

Happy Easter, friends. And thanks for reading :)
I was really pleased this year that Danny especially was interested in the Easter story and asked a lot of questions. It also worked out well that I had just given them all lollipops so they were calm and quiet anyway. It has been hard not to continue devotions that way - it was so easy! I was able to read about the Passover meal, the betrayal, Jesus on trial, Jesus is crucified, the empty tomb and Thomas believes. So that's 6 stories. They are only two pages each but they do have quite a few words on them so I was thrilled. Maria was excited because she hadn't actually learned about Jesus on trial and about Pontias Pilate and Barabus etc. It was great to have them all listening and asking questions! I read these short stories out of a book called "The Story of Jesus" by Christpher Doyle and Gillian Chapman. There are 60 stories about Jesus and it's really good! I don't know how popular it is as I bought it in the sale rack of the book store for $3.00. But, I think, a very good book.
We did some Easter crafts. We didn't end up doing most of the things I wanted to do. Mostly because I am on bed rest and was exhausted. I wanted to make another sort of Easter scene like we did last year with a potato and cross of bits of rocks and sticks and things from outside. But that never happened. And I wanted to do an Easter egg hunt where each egg has a number and a Bible verse inside with a small item (Nails for when they nailed Jesus to the cross, a purple piece of cloth for when they put a purple robe on him and mocked him, a thorn(s) that was like the crown of thorns they placed on his head etc). But maybe next year.
We did do this fun bunny craft. I just saw it on pinterest. I could have opened the link and saw that they they simply taped all the strings and were done. But nope. We do things the hard way! We used a glue gun. Kimberley helped Esther
Maria was mostly able to do it all on her own. I had to make sure the string was attached well enough but she did great!
And I don't know if letting a 4 year old use a glue gun was the best idea. But he seriously did brilliantly! He is mature beyond his years. In a couple areas. He insisted on having green eyes as that's his favorite color. But they are so teensy! I love it :)
They also colored these egg printouts that I found. They LOVE coloring! Something I know my brothers and I spent hours and hours doing :)
We did a neat, simple little craft. You just tape a cross onto the page. I had a very helpful helper that pushed the tape down tight for me. So it ripped a bit as i tried to peel it off. I recommend painters tape if this is a craft that a-peels to you ;) But I love how they turned out. Even Tommy loved it!
Oma and Opa had the kids for 2 nights for us. That was pretty amazing. It was super weird having 2 nights to ourselves and having to spend it at home on the couch, resting. No dinners out, no walks or anything. But we were thankful for the rest and quiet. B kept looking at me and saying "hear that?" and of course I heard nothing. That was the point! :)
I couldn't miss out on the Easter egg decorating fun, though! I went back for that :)
And just to prove that it's not all fun and games ;) I think I took his egg away before he was done with it. It was cracked and he was trying to peel it.
Danny loved it!
Esther and Maria are getting better at decorating now :)
Esther's monster truck egg
I love these next 2 photos of Maria's egg. I think they're my favorite.
Isaiah helped this year as well. He was so funny and cute and was always ready for the next egg!
And the finished product! :)
And the fun part! The Easter egg hunt! Opa hid them all again this year :) So fun to have Isaiah join in this year. Hard to believe Olive will be close to his age and joining next year!
These next ones are my favorites :)
The fun always ends too soon, doesn't it?!
The girls made a really fun and neat little craft in Sunday school. They were quite thrilled. And so was I. Especially since I was disappointed that we didn't do something like this ourselves.
Daniel and Thomas went to Sunday school with Oma and Danny surprised me so much by writing his own name! I have been encouraging him to for a while now but we really just haven't gotten very far at all. We hadn't even mastered the "D" yet. But a little encouragement from Oma and he came running to show me that he could write his own name! :) Pretty good for a first try, if I may say so myself :)
And. The kids finished Easter by making a fun bunny cake with Kimberley :)
This Easter I thought a lot about God giving His only Son to die for our sins. I guess when you're pregnant and ticking off the days trying to stay pregnant so that you can give your baby the best chance at survival, God purposely allowing His Son to die for others sort of takes on a whole new meaning. So this year I was thankful for the life He gave on the cross for me and also for the new life that He has given that just keeps on growing and growing inside of me.
Here is a photo of me at 31 weeks. We have made it so far already. I am so thankful.
Happy Easter, friends. And thanks for reading :)
No comments:
Post a Comment