Summer is in full swing over here. We had a rough start with us being so sick for so long. It was a rough go there for a while. Everything is pretty much wrapped up now. The girls had their last dance of the year so now we just have summer to love! We do have swimming lessons starting once a week next week and the older 3 will have camp in the mornings for a week coming up here so that's pretty exciting! But other than that we've got smooth sailing!
We have a few things on our bucket list already. We did cheat and add things that we could cross off already but I'm ok with that.
Here are some of the things we've thought of already:
-Visit the park on the hill. Check (You can see pics in one of my last posts)
-Go to the beach. check
-Care for Fluffy's kittens. Check. Their eyes are open now and they are looking less rat-like.
-Walk on the pier at the beach and get ice cream.
-Eat cherries and have a pit spitting war. Check!

-Eat ice cream out of a bucket! Check! (Oma's idea! and ice cream! thanks, Oma! You are so fun!)

-Walk over a pedestrian bridge
-Get a dinosaur pack at White Spot. This is new and sounds so fun!
-Go to the waterslides
-Family Camp
-Go to the 4-H Fair
-Get more chickens
-Go for a drive, letting all the kids take turns choosing which way to go and then taking the gps home.
-Following the gps to Esther's cafe for a treat
-Go to Mill Lake with the bikes.
-Try at least 3 new parks.
-Set up the tent and sleep in it.
-Do some kind of special outside art.
-Make a bird feeder and bath/water dish
-Go to an outdoor pool. Check! The kids got to go to a pool party for Maria's best friend Ellie. Her sister is a life guard and she dressed up as a mermaid and led all the fun games. They had so much fun! So great to have a mermaid there!!

-Find some frog eggs and watch their life cycle. Check. Sort of. We tried. Opa got us some eggs but he was worried they got to hot in the sun :( We'll have to keep watching...

-Make an obstacle course out of pool noodles to practice soccer dribbling.Check!
-Make a pool noodle target for practice.
-Host a summer party
And that's it for now :)
Here are a few more catch up pics.
Bryant and John took out the bathroom in what will be the main area downstairs. The wall and bath unit are out. We're now planning on taking away the closet so we can move the whole thing back and make it bigger. It all seems so overwhelming and like we're taking steps backwards but Bryant wanted to get me a nice big tub with a shower in it and still have a nice big bathroom for our main area. It will be lovely and homey and wonderful. It will. One day :)

The chicks are growing like bad weeds! I cannot believe it! So fast. They are silly and we love watching them. The kids carry them everywhere and they are so friendly. I am hoping they are all hens as I know we'll be sad to get rid of them. I also feel like we'd have to start back at square one with older hens as well. Getting to know them etc. These ones will jump right on your hand. I do have to keep an eye on Tommy, though... That boy is a little rough in his love.



Tommy put his bike on blocks to fix it. I love him sitting there surrounded by his tools. He is such a little tiny man!


The older 3 kids all got turns helping Dean move some dirt. They are all pretty good little drivers now. They can take a scoop, turn, drive to the pile and dump. Easier said than done. Maria especially is getting pretty smooth and quick now. Makes this momma proud! While Danny was driving the Bobcat one of the hoses wore through and fell off. There was mess everywhere. But he just stopped, got out and told his uncle. This made me so proud of him, too. To know to just stop and get out and tell Dean what happened was pretty good. He must have been so nervous! It wasn't his fault as it had just worn out and Dean was able to fix it pretty quick. Anyway. I My kids are blessed to have such a rad uncle :) Esther was still a very weak and tired little girl but she still did a super job!


Just a couple pics of Tommy helping his Uncle fix his machine. I can definitely easily see this boy becoming a heavy duty mechanic!


Dean got a new trailer. The kids got a new playground :)

I am continuing working on my bird craft. It's making me so nervous! I want it to turn out just so. I liked it so much before I feel like I'm ruining it! But here is phase 2. I do like all the texture in the background, though. I used card stock paper rather than thin and it kinda gives it a neat look. I'll keep at it in the next few weeks.

Meghan invited us to go to the beach with them and the kids were so excited! Tommy has been asking for ages to go to the beach. Which I find funny because I don't even think he remembers the beach. We had such a fun time with Meghan, Isaiah and Olive. Sometimes I can't help but look back at pictures of the kids when they were tiny and feel a little sad and anxious. But this time, right now, is a delight. The kids growing up is so much fun. Isaiah is talking so much now and makes me laugh. Tommy calls him his best buddy and asks to see him all the time. They are so cute together. They (Tommy mostly, I admit) still have to work on what it means to be a friend. But they're getting it. What a wonderful blessing it is to be close to family and to have family close!
It was a pretty cloudy day. It was the calm before the storm. We had a few days of near 40 degree weather! The kids and I managed ok as we had the pool but Bryant was out working and doing some welding on site so he was sweltering! But this day was overcast and a bit cool. We even had goosebumps a couple times! But Jesse did not burn and Meghan and I did not melt. It actually started to rain on the way home! We had so much fun!

One of the first things we did was catch crabs. I know they're tiny and the pinchers can't possibly hurt but I still get squeamish! Haha. So I caught on in a shell for Maria to hold.

It was such a lovely day!


Jesse wasted no time eating that sand!


This was our first outing since we had been sick and Tom and Isaiah hadn't seen each other in about 2 weeks. Pretty much unheard of for us! They had a blast making snow monsters together. The other kids made sand castles.



Lots of splashing in the water. They were so happy to be together again!


The kids all loved chasing the sea gulls :)




Jesse wasn't a fan of the water...



He napped, though.
The cold kids huddled under towels.

Tommy found a "clum"

Olive is stylin'

Isaiah and Thomas had a fun time showering the (s)eagles. This totally made me laugh so much. Isaiah is talking so much now and is making me laugh as much as my kids.
We had such a fun time! Thanks for the invite, Meghan! Thanks for reading and have a super day :)
We have a few things on our bucket list already. We did cheat and add things that we could cross off already but I'm ok with that.
Here are some of the things we've thought of already:
-Visit the park on the hill. Check (You can see pics in one of my last posts)
-Go to the beach. check
-Care for Fluffy's kittens. Check. Their eyes are open now and they are looking less rat-like.
-Walk on the pier at the beach and get ice cream.
-Eat cherries and have a pit spitting war. Check!
-Eat ice cream out of a bucket! Check! (Oma's idea! and ice cream! thanks, Oma! You are so fun!)
-Walk over a pedestrian bridge
-Get a dinosaur pack at White Spot. This is new and sounds so fun!
-Go to the waterslides
-Family Camp
-Go to the 4-H Fair
-Get more chickens
-Go for a drive, letting all the kids take turns choosing which way to go and then taking the gps home.
-Following the gps to Esther's cafe for a treat
-Go to Mill Lake with the bikes.
-Try at least 3 new parks.
-Set up the tent and sleep in it.
-Do some kind of special outside art.
-Make a bird feeder and bath/water dish
-Go to an outdoor pool. Check! The kids got to go to a pool party for Maria's best friend Ellie. Her sister is a life guard and she dressed up as a mermaid and led all the fun games. They had so much fun! So great to have a mermaid there!!

-Find some frog eggs and watch their life cycle. Check. Sort of. We tried. Opa got us some eggs but he was worried they got to hot in the sun :( We'll have to keep watching...
-Make an obstacle course out of pool noodles to practice soccer dribbling.Check!
-Make a pool noodle target for practice.
-Host a summer party
And that's it for now :)
Here are a few more catch up pics.
Bryant and John took out the bathroom in what will be the main area downstairs. The wall and bath unit are out. We're now planning on taking away the closet so we can move the whole thing back and make it bigger. It all seems so overwhelming and like we're taking steps backwards but Bryant wanted to get me a nice big tub with a shower in it and still have a nice big bathroom for our main area. It will be lovely and homey and wonderful. It will. One day :)
The chicks are growing like bad weeds! I cannot believe it! So fast. They are silly and we love watching them. The kids carry them everywhere and they are so friendly. I am hoping they are all hens as I know we'll be sad to get rid of them. I also feel like we'd have to start back at square one with older hens as well. Getting to know them etc. These ones will jump right on your hand. I do have to keep an eye on Tommy, though... That boy is a little rough in his love.
Tommy put his bike on blocks to fix it. I love him sitting there surrounded by his tools. He is such a little tiny man!
The older 3 kids all got turns helping Dean move some dirt. They are all pretty good little drivers now. They can take a scoop, turn, drive to the pile and dump. Easier said than done. Maria especially is getting pretty smooth and quick now. Makes this momma proud! While Danny was driving the Bobcat one of the hoses wore through and fell off. There was mess everywhere. But he just stopped, got out and told his uncle. This made me so proud of him, too. To know to just stop and get out and tell Dean what happened was pretty good. He must have been so nervous! It wasn't his fault as it had just worn out and Dean was able to fix it pretty quick. Anyway. I My kids are blessed to have such a rad uncle :) Esther was still a very weak and tired little girl but she still did a super job!
Just a couple pics of Tommy helping his Uncle fix his machine. I can definitely easily see this boy becoming a heavy duty mechanic!
Dean got a new trailer. The kids got a new playground :)
I am continuing working on my bird craft. It's making me so nervous! I want it to turn out just so. I liked it so much before I feel like I'm ruining it! But here is phase 2. I do like all the texture in the background, though. I used card stock paper rather than thin and it kinda gives it a neat look. I'll keep at it in the next few weeks.
Meghan invited us to go to the beach with them and the kids were so excited! Tommy has been asking for ages to go to the beach. Which I find funny because I don't even think he remembers the beach. We had such a fun time with Meghan, Isaiah and Olive. Sometimes I can't help but look back at pictures of the kids when they were tiny and feel a little sad and anxious. But this time, right now, is a delight. The kids growing up is so much fun. Isaiah is talking so much now and makes me laugh. Tommy calls him his best buddy and asks to see him all the time. They are so cute together. They (Tommy mostly, I admit) still have to work on what it means to be a friend. But they're getting it. What a wonderful blessing it is to be close to family and to have family close!
It was a pretty cloudy day. It was the calm before the storm. We had a few days of near 40 degree weather! The kids and I managed ok as we had the pool but Bryant was out working and doing some welding on site so he was sweltering! But this day was overcast and a bit cool. We even had goosebumps a couple times! But Jesse did not burn and Meghan and I did not melt. It actually started to rain on the way home! We had so much fun!
One of the first things we did was catch crabs. I know they're tiny and the pinchers can't possibly hurt but I still get squeamish! Haha. So I caught on in a shell for Maria to hold.
It was such a lovely day!
Jesse wasted no time eating that sand!
This was our first outing since we had been sick and Tom and Isaiah hadn't seen each other in about 2 weeks. Pretty much unheard of for us! They had a blast making snow monsters together. The other kids made sand castles.
Lots of splashing in the water. They were so happy to be together again!
The kids all loved chasing the sea gulls :)
Jesse wasn't a fan of the water...
He napped, though.
The cold kids huddled under towels.
Tommy found a "clum"
Olive is stylin'
Isaiah and Thomas had a fun time showering the (s)eagles. This totally made me laugh so much. Isaiah is talking so much now and is making me laugh as much as my kids.
We had such a fun time! Thanks for the invite, Meghan! Thanks for reading and have a super day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment