Monday, March 28, 2016

Danny Boy Turns SIX!

So here I am. Back to being insanely behind again.
Our oldest boy turning 6 is a pretty big deal!
He was a very happy birthday boy and so excited for presents!
Sibling photos get harder and harder to take. I can't imagine that will ever change :)
Presents! Danny always gets so excited. He likes everything so he is fun to buy for.
                                      
Daddy and Jesse all cute and snuggled up and watching.
Remote controlled monster truck?! Yes. He was a happy boy!
                                      
Esther was such a sweet sister and helped Daniel build his lego. He loves lego but really doesn't love building it.
Birthday Breakfasts are pretty fun. Sibling photos are hard! But definitely good for a laugh :)
Danny got doubled up on his birthday because I am so organized and we went on a field trip. Danny had a pretty good time and got to see the tallest tin soldier.
And a tug boat. They were looking for patterns in nature.
I don't know why I think taking Thomas and Jesse on field trips is ever a good idea. But I do. At least Angela was with the older 3 while I had my own field trip with the youngest 2.
The big kids were learning about rivers.
Tom and Jesse were not.
The kids did really like this pedestrian overpass. More group photo fails.
Angela and I made a super spur of the moment decision to take Danny to Go Bananas for a special birthday date. Always a hit :) It's pretty neat that Jesse is now old enough to join in on some big kid fun times!
Playing in the foam ball pit is always the most fun. And sweaty.
 These two are pretty much the cutest. Hard to imagine Angela has only been with us about the same amount of time as Jesse. It's so weird to look back and remember life without them. We didn't know what we were missing.
You are so very never too old for Merry-Go-Rounds! Maria sometimes asks if she is too old for things. Or if I would do them if I was her. Our motto is: STAY LITTLE! So I always encourage her to have fun. Sometimes I have to join in to make sure she knows she's not too old. Man. Why do they have to grow up?!
A very happy SIX year old boy. Officially more than a handful now ;)
Danny had a super fun birthday. Uncle Dean is so great wit all the kids. Quite the human jungle gym.
Maria was so sweet and made fun little balloon animals for the kids.
Trying to pull Uncle Dean off the couch :)
Danny requested hamburgers and hot dogs and lots of snacks for his birthday lunch.
And ice cream Minions Cake!
                                              
 
Family snuggle and presents time.

These super fun glasses from Aunt Jennifer were a big hit!
                                      
And lots of other great presents from family :) Remote controlled cars are his new favorite thing and he was excited to get the tractor set he had his eye on! Thanks, family!
 And for his special birthday date, Danny chose a fun day at "Trampoline World" with his cousins. A big building with trampolines everywhere - including the walls - is always going to be a big win with this crew!

And that was our big guy's birthday. Danny, we are so proud of you. Of the sweet, kind, silly and wonderful boy that you are and the brave and compassionate man that you are becoming. May God richly bless and grow you as a 6 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment