
And today I'll update on Daniel.
He's 19 months now. He's getting to be a lot more independent. Although some days he is still very, very clingy and needy. But I'm thankful that slowly he is growing up.
He doesn't talk a whole lot yet. In ways he has gone backwards. He used to call Maria "Eeyah" but now the only names he really says consistently are mommy, daddy and deedee (Uncle Dean). And for the rest there are a very few words that he tries to say and I can know what he is saying but he definitely doesn't say the words well. But that will come. And I guess he comes by it honestly because his dad didn't talk till much later either.
He watches everything. The other day I was filling the dishwasher and he loves to help. He can't get into the soaps so he brought me a little mini wheat cereal because I guess it's the same shape as the cascade action pacs that I normally use. That made me smile. he discovered at around 17 months how to unlock the home made gate we have for him. And closes the door behind himself. He has no idea it's for him.
He absolutely loves to be outside and in the sandbox. He's the happiest there. And also loves no clothing. As you can see in the photo. It's my favorite of him right now, though. He loves to go for walks and blow dandelion seed things. whatever they're called. And loves to dig in the garden and play with the watering can. The only thing that gets watered is himself, though. We need to work on that ;)
He loves his daddy so much and often stands by the window calling for him. He loves when Dad comes in from work and they can cuddle and wrestle.
He's finally figured out that he is the only one that has to stay in the buggy now while we're shopping. So now I get to start all over with the grocery-shopping-with-walking-toddler thing again. But I'm surprised at how well he does. I think mainly because he follows his sisters example and stays close. It really does get easier (in ways. and once you clear the first year and a half anyway simply because there are older ones) the more kids you have!!
His new favorite thing is balls. Throwing them and trying to play hockey. The boys on both sides of our family will be happy. Hockey is big around here ;)
There were more things I wanted to say about him. But this will be all for now because I can't remember what they were.
No comments:
Post a Comment