
Our Maria is now 5. Already! Still can't believe it.
And is so excited to be starting school soon. The only thing that is keeping her from being fully excited is that she knows that she needs to get her kindergarten shot. And she is very nervous. I did buy her a little veterinarian set for her birthday complete with little puppy (that she named Sweetie) and needle. And I think this has helped her a little. She asked her Oma to come along with her when she goes in. She has such a fabulous relationship with my mom and I'm so thankful.
She loves to sing and dance. And go to Opa and Oma's house to take adventures in the forest and look for tadpoles in the water. And to go on picnics and blow dandelion flowers. She loves to learn. And I think she will be a breeze to teach. So many other home schooling moms tell me it will be difficult to separate school from the rest of our day especially with two younger children. And I smile and tell them its difficult to have a day without learning!!
I bought a new devotions book and am so excited and pleased with how well it is getting through to Maria. She is really understanding and wanting to change and I've seen changes in her. She especially loved learning how we are all a needed part of the body with a job to do. And that if one of us was hurting then the whole body is effected. I can really see this changing the way she looks at things and how she lives her life. We have also been learning much about being a servant. And she is often thinking of ways that she can serve others. God has really been opening her heart to Him and its been so lovely to see her life change.
She has a very helpful personality and is so good with her brother and sister. We are working on her bossy tones, even though this is something that is common for oldest children. We are learning Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
I'm so thankful for her. She is a great help. And has a big heart.
We planted a garden this year. We have always done little pots and flats of seeds but this is the first time we've done a REAL garden. It's been so neat to see Maria especially, but all the kids, so excited about new life and change and work hard at helping plant and water and share in the joy of it. It's been so fun to watch her grow into such a fun, loving little girl :)
No comments:
Post a Comment