We went on a picnic with Auntie Meghan. Maria's favorite thing at the time was looking for ants. And Auntie Meghan always teased her about being an "Aunt" when Maria was asking for help in her searching. It was so fun to see her surprised and excited expression when she figured out one word can mean two different things!

Bryant and I celebrated 6 years of marriage on the 11th. I am so thankful to be married to my very best friend.
God has truly blessed us. At a shower recently someone asked what my favorite thing was about being married. And I said that I love not sleeping alone. Because I get a lot of nightmares and he's always there to pray with me. And because he makes me coffee every morning :)....But I thought later that the thing that I am REALLY thankful for is that while he loves me for my strengths he also loves me through all my shortcomings and is a huge and constant steady support to me. And of course, I'm thankful for our kids! Happy anniversary, babe. I'm so thankful for you!

And a couple biggies. We'll start with the medium ones. :) ... Maria got her immunization shot! She wanted Oma with her. I wasn't allowed to come. And there were NO TEARS!! I remember writing about this earlier and being concerned about it. And it went so very smoothly that I can laugh at my nervousness. Esther was even jealous that she didn't get one :) God is so good. The girls also got haircuts. Professionally, this time. And they look great! Maria has such incredibly thick hair that it's nice to have it layered a bit. Oma came again, this time. Maria's love for her Oma makes me smile so much. Naming her after my mom really fits, i think.
Bryant also finished the playground. And did such an amazing job that I think I'll dedicate a post to it. Soon. But it's finished and I'm thrilled. And the kids love it!
Maria is officially going to be home schooled. It's been a long time coming. SO MUCH thought and prayer has gone into this decision. But we are in the process of getting her course load and books or whatever sorted and we are so very excited!! Now that the decision has been made and we're doing this for sure I'm more convinced than ever that this is for us! So I'll be writing about this more later.
And. We're starting our own business!!! Exciting? YES! I'm very happy/nervous/excited to be working alongside my husband in this way. We only just decided so now we're in the midst of getting things rolling.
And, of course we celebrated father's day :) I'm so thankful for my husband and the father that he is to our children. I love to hear him explain the most difficult things to our children. About how things like engines or machines work. I love how he wrestles with Daniel and cuddles the girls. And takes on most of Daniel's night time wake ups. We love you, Daddy!! The kids all got together and worked on this painting for him themselves. It was their idea to work together on it. And its so so sweet! :) Sorry the photo quality is poor. I'll have to take it out of the frame and try again. But until/if then this will have to do.
oh. and I finished another knitting project. That I love. It's fast and easy and looks beautiful! For now it's my favorite. I'm working on my 3rd and 4th ones. :)
Yay! Glad to read an update. Lots of cool stuff! I have to admit - when you said "a couple biggies," I thought you were going to say you're pregnant! Haha. But those are good biggies too. :) Glad to hear the shot went so well! And that little dress is SO cute!! What size of a person does it fit?
ReplyDeleteLove
Allie
haha Nice. Now that I think of it, I could have worded it differently. It's funny to think that if I had the same timing as the other kids I'd be having a baby right about now. But, no baby on the way. We'll just wait and see what God has for us there. We're so enjoying the kids at the ages they are now, though. It's the first time in 5 years that I'm not pregnant and don't have a child under 1 year of age. I'm enjoying it for now.
ReplyDeleteAnd this particular dress is a size 12-18 months i'd say. im trying to make a bigger one for Maria. I'm taking orders if you're interested ;) I'd love an excuse to see you again. But I do have a few to make first. But it will be some time before it will be warm enough for Tanis to wear.