Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg Coloring 2012.

First of all I want to thank my amazing mom for being so amazing and making this whole craft time so much easier for me. She had the girls and Daniel over for a sleep over the night before, provided the eggs, the food coloring, the home and all other materials we needed. She also kept my littlest from needing me in the least. Thanks mom!! Here's a photo of my beautiful mom with her beautiful youngest grandson :) Love you!
 
 And the kids and I got busy! I think this is the first time that Daniel really participated and he LOVED it!

Esther and Maria are pros by now...


I always love to watch their little hands at work :)




Here's an egg Esther made that was Oma. It's so hard to paint eggs - so drippy! But I love this one so much!

We had SUCH a fun time. This photo of Daniel just shows how much :)

We cracked a couple, broke a couple, ate a couple but in the end we had a great big bowl of beautifully painted eggs!

And a big ol' bowl of dirty, used up q-tips.

I love passing on traditions to my kids. I loved doing this as a child and I love that I can do this together with my mom :) So special. And tomorrow morning my dad will hide them all for the kids to find after church - Just like when I was a kid :)

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to remember this for next year, I didn't even do any easter crafts with the kids! Great tradition to pass on!

    ReplyDelete