Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring has Sprung! :D

On Saturday we took our family to the Festival of Tulips out by Agassiz. It was so fun and amazing and beautiful. I've always wanted to go. But never have. Tulips are Maria's favorite flower and so I thought this would be a fun treat for her ... and it was! We also took Uncle Jason and Auntie Meghan along to make the special treat even MORE special :)
The weather was beautiful and there were SO many flowers! And so I took SO many pictures! But you're all used to this by now, I think :)
Here's a few pics of the view:

And a couple pics of the flowers. There were quite a few colors.  I love tulips. They just seem so Dutch to me and make me feel all in touch with my Dutch roots and heritage :) Cheesy, yep. That's me! 
 
 
And then there are the photos that I love that include my beautiful family. There were signs EVERYWHERE in English and in some Asian language to not pick the flowers or walk between the rows. This was the first pic we took. Danny didn't pick the flower but he sure couldn't help but touch it! 
 
 Neither could Esther. Love this photo of her little hands. She loved this pink tulip. (It also remained in tact).
The girls smelled every color of tulip. Definitely more than one of each! 
 
 
And danced like the beautiful ballerinas that they are in front of the purple tulips :) 
 
 Danny LOVED all the mud and dirt clumps on the path.
And was always running to catch up! 
Here's a photo of my oldest three at the beginning of our time.  
A photo with Uncle Jason with the girls.
And with Thomas :)
Thomas was such a little trooper. The path was SO bumpy and not even close to stroller friendly! He didn't seem to mind all the jostling about. But we did decide to get some pics of him with the tulips. Here's my favorite.
AND.... wait for it.... We even got a pic of Bryant and me! In the same photo!! The last time that happened was at Jason and Meghan's wedding! So, it's kinda a big deal ;)
Thanks Jason and Meghan for coming out with us! It was so fun to have you with us! :D
And that was our fun afternoon out! I'm so thrilled that spring is here!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! I didn't even know this was around here, I've always wanted to go to Holland to see the fields of tulips, will definitely be going here next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have checked your blog more often. I wish i was there too. I will be looking to see whether they still have the tulips.
    Beautiful.... I really wished to go Netherland to see the beauty of the tulips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last day they opened was the mother's day. I should remember to go next year

    ReplyDelete