Thursday, February 28, 2013

Quick Kitchen Update.

I've had a lot of kind people inquiring about our kitchen. I always love when people remember things that are going on in my life and ask about them. So thanks :) And here is a little update.

I really wanted to do before pictures. So much so that I completely forgot ;p But. I remembered part way. So here are some Old-kitchen-half-demolished photos...


And here are the almost totally completed kitchen photos. (The boys were playing blocks so nicely together I didn't have the heart to make them clean them up just for a photo op). I can't even begin to describe how completely happy and thankful I am. Bryant, you are so talented (Even though he's not totally happy with it. He's too hard on himself!). YAY and YIPPEE to a new kitchen :D :D


AWESOME job, huh? I'm so impressed. A few things came up that we weren't totally expecting. Like not having enough of the right tile. Hence the black tile on the floor. But I'll take black tile over black duct tape any day!! I want to get some sort of magnetic board to hang above the sink in that open spot there on the wall so that I can hang up kids' art and things. 
And because B is so talented he also made me these super great drawer organizers :) He made 4 of them. And they are super. I can brag about my guy a little, right? I don't write enough about him on here, anyhow ;)


One of my MOST favorite things about this kitchen is the AMAZING use of the corners (Our old kitchen was built so terribly that the corners were pretty much useless and if we did use them they were so much hassle that it was easier to use the basement as storage. I love these things! I have them top and bottom in both corners. I feel so lucky :)

And. That's the kitchen update. I could go on and on about how much I love it. But I won't. The rest of my house is still in complete disorder so off I go to work on fixing that.
I'll be back soon with an update on the rest of our lives :)
Thanks for reading!

2 comments: