I feel like lots has been going on around here. No Baby news yet. All is fine - he or she is just taking their time. I'm totally blown away that I'm still pregnant after all that has happened over the last 13 weeks. It figures, I guess. Everyone teases me that I'll be late. But I kinda doubt that. I am hoping that God will make this baby come soon as every single night for the last 3 nights and on and off before that (Sleep is not my friend) I have been up most of the nights with contractions that won't let me sleep but also won't get bad enough to have to go to the hospital. Reeeeeeaaaallly hoping to have a baby soon as I am really looking forward to being able to get some sleep! Even 2 hours straight sounds amazing right now :) Here are a couple pics of me at 37 weeks pregnant. Thomas is still my earliest babe!


One of the best things about this last week is that the strawberries are ripe, ready and SO delicious! I think we've been out every day that we could!



We have been making super good use of our big backyard! We had a fun barbeque with friends and family. Last minute seems to be the only thing that works when you have no idea when Baby is going to make an appearance :) I kept wondering why we seemed low on meat until I was about to go to bed and found a big tray of chicken wings still in the oven! Oopsy! But we still had fun. Here are some photos of the last week or so of playing. Riding their bikes down the slide is their new favorite thing to do :)




And Thomas is always at the bottom waiting to ask "You kay, kay?" (Are you okay?)


Some other fun ones.




My friend Grace has been amazing and takes the girls to dance for me. She takes them both regardless of who has dance that day. She always colors or draws with them and goes grocery shopping if I need anything. That has been such a blessing. And leaves me with some time with my boys. We go for walks every time. Last time the horses came right up! Even the baby!


Thomas was too afraid to get too close. But he wasn't about to let go of that clump of grass, either! Helmets are a must these days...


Danny helping get the mail :D Oh, this makes me laugh every single time!

Thomas was completely exhausted after and fell right a sleep!

Esther had photo day for dance the other day. Auntie Meggie did her make up and she posed outside for me after dance :)


We all went for a walk yesterday to take Gedde some fresh strawberries. We had a nice visit and the kids made up a new game on his swings :)



We had a fun cookie making day that took far too many hours but was worth it in the end. The kids all had a blast. Even Daddy joined in on the decorating - and definitely the eating! Maria got the recipe in her birthday card from Uncle Jason and Auntie Meghan so she was thrilled to finally get to do that.






I've enrolled all of the kids in home schooling again next year and this made me realize how much I have not been teaching Danny. So he will also be starting now and go through the summer. I'm just going to teach them all a bit here and there through the summer. Not enough to be annoying or exhausting but enough to get them caught up and (hopefully) ahead.
So we're starting at the beginning with Daniel. Letter A. We made an A is for alligator craft. The A is sideways but this didn't seem to bother or confuse Daniel so I was happy about that. All the kids got in on this one :) The girls weren't about to miss out on a fun looking craft and Danny was thrilled they were crafting with him.


We decided to start with plants in Science with him. And we learned about stems this week. They help hold up the flower and also act as a straw to draw the water and liquid up to the flowers or leaves. We started with white flowers and put them in jars of different colored water (We used food coloring) to show how the stems suck up the water and bring it up to the flower. I love this experiment. The colors didn't all work great but it was fun.


We also got our caterpillars last week and we'll be learning about the life cycle of a butterfly. We've only had them 6 days and you can see how much they have eaten and grown! Which is a great visual to see how pretty much all caterpillars do all day is eat and eat and EAT and grow!!


The girls were writing letters to their penpals and so Danny was super adamant that he had to write a letter to HIS penpal. Doesn't matter that Jaxon lives 2 minutes down the road ;) But really, we should send all of our friends letters in the mail, regardless of how far away the live, because getting mail is always fun! Here is a photo of his picture because this is some of the most creative work he's done so far :)

And while I'm showing art here is a picture Maria drew of Daniel in his dragon costume because I thought it was pretty cute.

And that's all the update I have time for so I will come back later with all the cute things the kids have been saying lately :) Thanks for reading and have a super day!
One of the best things about this last week is that the strawberries are ripe, ready and SO delicious! I think we've been out every day that we could!
We have been making super good use of our big backyard! We had a fun barbeque with friends and family. Last minute seems to be the only thing that works when you have no idea when Baby is going to make an appearance :) I kept wondering why we seemed low on meat until I was about to go to bed and found a big tray of chicken wings still in the oven! Oopsy! But we still had fun. Here are some photos of the last week or so of playing. Riding their bikes down the slide is their new favorite thing to do :)
And Thomas is always at the bottom waiting to ask "You kay, kay?" (Are you okay?)
Some other fun ones.
My friend Grace has been amazing and takes the girls to dance for me. She takes them both regardless of who has dance that day. She always colors or draws with them and goes grocery shopping if I need anything. That has been such a blessing. And leaves me with some time with my boys. We go for walks every time. Last time the horses came right up! Even the baby!
Thomas was too afraid to get too close. But he wasn't about to let go of that clump of grass, either! Helmets are a must these days...
Danny helping get the mail :D Oh, this makes me laugh every single time!
Thomas was completely exhausted after and fell right a sleep!
Esther had photo day for dance the other day. Auntie Meggie did her make up and she posed outside for me after dance :)
We all went for a walk yesterday to take Gedde some fresh strawberries. We had a nice visit and the kids made up a new game on his swings :)
We had a fun cookie making day that took far too many hours but was worth it in the end. The kids all had a blast. Even Daddy joined in on the decorating - and definitely the eating! Maria got the recipe in her birthday card from Uncle Jason and Auntie Meghan so she was thrilled to finally get to do that.
I've enrolled all of the kids in home schooling again next year and this made me realize how much I have not been teaching Danny. So he will also be starting now and go through the summer. I'm just going to teach them all a bit here and there through the summer. Not enough to be annoying or exhausting but enough to get them caught up and (hopefully) ahead.
So we're starting at the beginning with Daniel. Letter A. We made an A is for alligator craft. The A is sideways but this didn't seem to bother or confuse Daniel so I was happy about that. All the kids got in on this one :) The girls weren't about to miss out on a fun looking craft and Danny was thrilled they were crafting with him.
We decided to start with plants in Science with him. And we learned about stems this week. They help hold up the flower and also act as a straw to draw the water and liquid up to the flowers or leaves. We started with white flowers and put them in jars of different colored water (We used food coloring) to show how the stems suck up the water and bring it up to the flower. I love this experiment. The colors didn't all work great but it was fun.
We also got our caterpillars last week and we'll be learning about the life cycle of a butterfly. We've only had them 6 days and you can see how much they have eaten and grown! Which is a great visual to see how pretty much all caterpillars do all day is eat and eat and EAT and grow!!
The girls were writing letters to their penpals and so Danny was super adamant that he had to write a letter to HIS penpal. Doesn't matter that Jaxon lives 2 minutes down the road ;) But really, we should send all of our friends letters in the mail, regardless of how far away the live, because getting mail is always fun! Here is a photo of his picture because this is some of the most creative work he's done so far :)
And while I'm showing art here is a picture Maria drew of Daniel in his dragon costume because I thought it was pretty cute.
And that's all the update I have time for so I will come back later with all the cute things the kids have been saying lately :) Thanks for reading and have a super day!
No comments:
Post a Comment