Monday, June 30, 2014

Random Updates.

 I was in such a hurry to post about Jesse that I missed some of the other things that we had been doing. We had a fun park date with Meghan the day before. On the 11th. Bryant and my 9th anniversary. That day was kinda hard on me as 1. I woke in the morning still pregnant and 2. I woke to the kids fighting :/ I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed!  I was going to treat the kids to Menchie's to celebrate since Bryant was working and I wanted to get out of the house and do something fun. But behavior was so completely terrible that I had to just forget that idea. Meghan texted in the afternoon and I decided to just get out of the house anyway even though parenting-wise I should have stayed home. Sigh. Happy anniversary to me ;) Ha. It was fun to get out and see her and take my mind off things and have the kids out of my hair for a while. Selfish attitudes are so depressing. I wish I could learn this!
But 9 years of marriage! God has been so good to us. So good. We still like each other and I'm happiest when we're together. And not just so I don't have to handle all the kids on my own ;) I am so thankful for the kids that God has blessed us with and I'm excited that I have the rest of my life to spend with him :)
Here are some park pictures


 
 
 
 
 On June the 12th we went to the zoo. The walk that I would say helped to finally bring on labor. It's funny to even think about being pregnant anymore and to not know gender and be so anxious to meet Jesse. But there we were.
We went with Meghan and Angela. And I was half expecting to have my water break half way. But it never did. The kids did well and had lots of fun. Here are some fun pics :) The hippos were out and really close and cuddled up sleeping in the water. I wish I could sleep in water. I probably would sleep in the tub.

 Esther and Jaxon checking out the cheetah. It didn't try and eat Danny this time. Obviously. Looking pretty chill over there.

 Waiting for the train. This crew of kids is starting to look pretty big now. We never get any looks though. Which is totally not the truth ;p

 
 On the train


 Feeding the duckies some grass and weeds.
 
 And my favorite of Isaiah and Hudson :)

 The girls had their dance recital the day after we got home from hospital. I was fully intending to be there. What mom doesn't go to their kids recital 2 days after having a baby?! But the midwife agreed with Bryant that this would be too much. It was. But I was still mad to miss out. And am still waiting for the movie! That day started early as they had to have costumes and make up on and be out the door by 8:30. Auntie Meghan came along and did their make up and went with Bryant to the recital. What a fabulous sister-in-law she is! It was all so last minute and crazy and early and life so hectic we didn't even think to make it a whole family affair.Sorry to uncles, aunts and grandparents! But there is next year as they are both going to take lessons  in tap! Same class same time! Exciting!! The girls did super and the loved it and are looking forward to next year. I rested at home with Jesse and Uncle Dean took on the caring for Thomas. It all worked out well in the end. Here are a couple pics of the girls in costume with their flowers (Thanks Auntie Meggie!) and medals. And Olive. Who may one day be dancing as well. Who knows? :) But she wore her tutu so she fit right in ;p too bad the pics are blurry. Oh well.


And I guess that catches us up to Jesse being born. He's doing well now. initially he wasn't gaining and my midwives were getting concerned. We wound up having to wake him every two hours during the day to feed. not fun. It was frustrating for both of us. But he did finally get back to his birth weight and now is doing well - gaining weight wise. Getting him to sleep longer has been rather tough. Especially at night. He has started waking every 1-2 hours. Not a fan...
But we'll make it. I have been having some headaches and migraines again. I was so hoping that was behind me. Thankfully they haven't been as bad as some of the ones I had while pregnant but they are enough to make caring for 5 kids a challenge! I have to get back on taking magnesium regularly again. I stopped because I heard it helps stop contractions - which I didn't want. Apparently headaches are normal while my body adjusts back to normal. Whatever normal is...
Here are a couple pics of the little cutie :)


Trying to encourage some sibling love. Where's his nose? Beep!

Tommy is just so big now. Happy/sad!

I accidentally grabbed the wrong diaper. No sleep does these things to me. Just another example of how big Thomas the Tank Engine is :) Jesse was not impressed but the rest of us had a good giggle

Here's a photo of Jesse on his due date. 8 days old. So teeny...

And his teeny tiny tootsies :)

Maria has enjoyed drawing her little brother. These are so sweet.


Maria and Esther are back into making play doh dresses for their princesses.

Danny and Tom enjoying their lunch on the front steps :)

And lots of firsts for Jesse. His big siblings love to count his firsts. This was his first walk. And we picked raspberries :)

Tommy wanted to join in on the fun but didn't want to leave his spot. I think he was feeling a mix of still wanting to be the baby and also keep a protective eye on "Beebee Jess" can you see Jesse sunbathing beside him there? Just trying to help with the jaundice :)

And that's enough for this day! more soon. Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment