Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Field Tripping!

Here I am. Back AGAIN! I was going to do a big catch up post. But that was impossible. WAY too much info and pictures. So I will be doing a series of at least 2 catch up posts :)
Oma took us on a date to Castle Fun Park. Since starting chemo she has had less energy and so birthday dates haven't happened in the same way. So we did a big catch up party bash! And it was so fun we decided we'll just do this every year. The kids will all still get a special date to go and shoose their present but this will be the special place. Once a year. All together :) Lots of fun!

 
 
 
 

We breaked for lunch at McDonald's. We decided to walk as it was just across the street. that was a gong show. Haha. But we made it :) 


 The kids found a cool car in the parking lot :) All full of shells and cool stuff!
 
 
 And back for some bumper car fun! The kids had an absolute blast! The ones that were old enough anyway. Allison was lucky she had heels on her boots ;p


 
 
 And we decided to do mini golf after. I was thankful everyone was game. We chose the Under the Sea option as that is our next unit study :) I didn't get many photos as they are all pretty crummy. But they're still fun to see :)

 
 
 
 Thomas was still working on potty training here. He decided that the "bush" was a great place to go pee. Haha! Oh, I laughed so hard. Poor buddy was so confused at my reaction "I pee in bushes!" I did run upstairs and get cleaning supplies to clean the mess. So I'm allowed to laugh ;p I guess there are some down sides to living on acreage. Thanks Oma for a super fun day! We had a blast! And the kids each got some cool prizes!


Our next field trip was to the aquarium with the Martins! We decided to kill 2 birds with one stone and make this field trip for both unit studies. Looking for sea snails and also checking out some life under the sea. I LOVE the aquarium. I learn something new each time!
This time was especially special as I didn't realize that Maria had been reading the little info sheets as well. So it was fun to hear the neat facts that she picked up.
 


My walking four all in a row :)

The jelly fish might just be my favorite thing there. So mesmerizing and fun to watch. Did you know that jelly fish don't have brains?! 


Since we're finishing up our snails unit we had to look for some ocean snails. We were SO happy to find some!


I was pretty excited to see some huge snails right up against the glass. It was neat to get to see their foot and radula through the glass.  (Come back soon as I'm going to write out Maria's essay on snails. She'll be explaining the parts of a snails' body) Such fascinating little creatures!) So fun

Jesse was so good. I was pretty thankful. He slept a lot and was pretty easy going. Thanks God for that! Here he is just snoozing away...

The kids loved the play area! It was so fun for them to play act out a rescue. Danny dressed up in the dolphin costume and had to be rescued from the reeds...

Maria rescued him and Esther both. They are so cute!






She fed them and did x-rays to make sure there were no broken bones and released them in the ship.

Tommy LOVED the pulley and sling in the little toy ship. When he wasn't too busy trying to steer it.

The dolphin show was a definite hit. The kids loved watching them jump and play and found it so interesting to learn about them.


 The kids loved the beluga whale swimming upside down.
 
And copying it :) It was only slightly awkward for me ;p

 

We had a turtle-y awesome time!
 
and had tons of fun learning and playing and having fun with our friends at the aquarium.

 
 
I'll share some of their school work about these trips soon! This post is way overdue as is. I've only been working on it for a week and a half and am super behind again. Ah well. Thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment