Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Mostly November...

 I am now officially so far behind that I'm not even sure what happened when. Hm. But I will do my best. Things have been busy and crazy and fun and hard. Bryant has been working a lot which is wonderful. But we don't see him much. Which is also a bit sad. We keep thinking work will slow down and then it just keeps on being super busy. So while we are doing pretty well business-wise we are doing terribly renovations-wise. this poor house must think we hate it!
We did sort out the heat here. Bryant is SO excited to have heated floors in the office. And a lot of the rest of the house. For once in our almost 9.5 years of marriage I am complaining about being too hot!
If you know me - I am always cold. I love having a fireplace, though :)
Here is a photo of our floor downstairs. All ripped up. I think we have enough pipes to keep the floor warm there. It's been like that for a while now and will stay that way a while longer, I'm sure.
 
 The kids loved helping Uncle Dean compact all the new gravel for our drive way! It looks SO much better now. I'm so happy to have less mud in our yard now. He did a super job!

 
 They did that while I was at a craft fair with Angela for VeeVee's Accessories. It was fun to have a few hours to myself with just Jesse spending some time with Angela. Still one of my most favorite people even after all of these years. Adding to the awesomeness was my mom coming, buying me lunch, and bringing us cookies, water, coffee and walking around with Jesse and getting him to nap! Here is a before photo Angela sent me. Trying to get as much as possible onto that table!

 Speaking of knitting. I got to be a knit tester for one of my favorite designers. I was so excited! It was for a sleep sack and bonnet set. I was a little relieved that my size was just for a bonnet as there weren't sleep sacks made for sizes over 6 months. I got right at it and was done in no time. Jesse was my model :)

 
 
 But in my excitement I misread which size I was supposed to be testing! My actual size was the 3-6 month hat with sleep set. It was so fun to work with her on this design! Not that it needed any help from me. Here is the next size. I couldn't help but take pictures as I went on ....
 
 A beautiful final product!

 
And a couple other things I've been working on lately...
 These hats for my nieces and nephew...
 
 And this slouchy hat - also by Melody's  makings :) So much fun!!
 
 
 Maria is following in her Mommy's footsteps. She just finished knitting this blanket as a surprise for Jesse, It will be his Christmas present!  I should have made it a bit longer but it is a fabulous first project!
 
 She also made these fun caterpillar clips to sell. She's a pro with the hot glue gun. The only thing she needs help with is the eyes. They are so fun!


 The kids all drew out what they wanted on their pumpkins for Daddy to carve out...
 
 
 
And while Daddy didn't exactly follow their plan we had fun putting candles inside. We had 2 trick -or-treaters which is 2 more than we've ever had before. We had a fun night at home roasting pumpkin seeds, eating candy and watching cartoons :) We couldn't carve Tommy's pumpkin because they were playing "Hide the pumpkin" and lost it. Haha!
 
 The kids each took turns doing some baking. Maria chose corn bread muffins for dinner
 
 Daniel chose cheerio pancakes

And Esther chose caramel apples

Jesse turned 4 months. That sweet little love of mine. He is seriously irresistible and I love him to bits. He may wake far too often at night and want to be held a lot but I can't imagine life without him!

 
The kids learned about snails. We had lots of fun snail food and did some snail crafts. And even had a snail party! We had some home schooling friends come over and spend a couple hours with us. Maria started off with a song, we read  the Snail and the Whale by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler. (The sea snail slithered all over the rock. And gazed at the sea and the ships in the dock And as she gazed she sniffed and sighed. "The sea is deep and the world is wide! How I long to sail!" said the snail. It's a super cute book :), had a snack, craft time and then a play time. It was a gong show. So many kids! and most under the age of 3. 17 kids and most didn't know eachother. But I was so pleased and blessed by how all the moms pitched in and helped and it went smoothly despite the crazy.
Here are our snail snacks.
 
 
 And this is Maria's craft that we made.

It was a fun time. This was another snail craft we made. I thought it would be so much easier than it was. I think I did most of it for all of them. But they happily glued the beads on ;p

 We had a fun park day :) Jesse discovered the swings
 
 We celebrated Uncle John's birthday and the big kids all painted him a picture.



Uncle John with his arms full of kids :)

Dean and Angela did a good job handling Jesse :)

We had some really cold days! Like our redneck crib?


The girls discovered origami! And that Auntie Angela is a pro


Isaiah thought they were envelopes. We could not stop laughing!
 
 Uncle Dean tackles :)
 
Jesse and Zoey are growing. Zoey is looking bigger than him despite Jesse being 3 months older!
Jesse: Zoey's here! I'm so happy I think I'll eat her!
Haha this pic just makes me smile :)

Who's little crazies are these?!


Olive had her first bday. I took pretty much no pics. Except a couple cupcake ones as it was a cupcake party!


And these pics of Jesse and Oscar. Jesse is 5 months. Oscar 5 weeks.


Our Jesse cutie turned 5 months:

 
 
And is learning how to sit!

 
 And has definitely mastered rolling over
 
 We celebrated American Thanksgiving with Auntie American (Meghan!) and I hope it becomes a tradition. So much fun! We took on the dessert ;p

 
 
 
 November came with lots of sniffles and coughs. And naps.
 
 
But lots of snuggles, too. There's always something to smile about :D

That was ridiculously long. SO if you're still here. Thanks. I'll buy you a coffee or something. I feel like I owe you ;)  But I'm mostly caught up. I may come back and do a little more schoolwork. Including Maria's snail essay :) But not in this post. December craziness is coming soon! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. oh Mmmmmmmy..I have not visit my blog for long time. .I did not know you got the 5th one. Congratulation!..you have been quite busy....you are very blessed to have those adorable kids around your arms...i am very happy for you....I would love to have a heated floors....that is what Korean do for long time...I guess they are smart. haha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Maria! I am learning to knit socks. it is fun but very difficult...for me ...i am glad i got into it....i don't get bored easily when i am knitting...Thank you for teaching me....

    ReplyDelete