Monday, December 3, 2012

December Already?!

So I haven't been writing much in here lately. It just doesn't seem as much fun without pictures!
We're doing well and fine and all that.
Our dog is missing. Which I guess is kind of a blessing in disguise (Judge me in your heads only, please!). The silly thing was for serious driving me mental and was a huge source of stress in my life. Anyway. He followed our neighbor down the drive without us knowing and they saw him run after another car. Chances are he got ran over. Chasing cars is pretty much his favorite thing. I almost ran him over myself a couple times  because he's so fast and little it's hard to see him. I'm kinda hoping some nice little family found him and liked him so much they kept him. But still it seems weird and a little lonely without him. We've spent a long while looking for him, driving around and stuff but nothing yet.  But I am way less stressed and the kids are happy to have me happy. Long story short. It's kinda crummy but really pretty okay. I'm writing that more just because it's part of our life and it happened and this blog is me writing memories for later years. So... moving on.

It was Bryant's birthday yesterday and he didn't want anything. And I've been swamped and so didn't have anything prepped for him. All he asked for was a chocolate fondu. And while I was at the store buying chocolate for that the lady jokingly pointed to a monster 12 pound Toblerone bar and asked if I wanted that one... And of course I did!! It was so funny seeing the kids carry that thing over to Bryant because it was so big!!  It's monster. Oh, silly blog ... So sad I can't add pics! We super enjoyed our chocolate fondu and the kids were so happy to get to join in this time!  Happy birthday, Bryant!! SO, so happy and blessed to be walking this life alongside you, raising these kids, managing the business that is our lives.

Thomas has still been hugely fussy lately. Boo. Not sure what's up with him. He's fighting EVERYTHING lately, it seems. There was one day he didn't nap the entire day! He's fighting eating, fighting nursing (Mainly just a night and early morning nurser now), fighting sitting (Because he wants to stand but isn't steady enough to do that on his own. He just wants me to let him sit behind him all day while he stands.And he won't crawl, either... Sigh.... What happened to our happy little buddy?

The kids are doing well. Esther and Danny are getting along so, so much better! Hooray for that! Danny seems to have grown up so much lately. Talking more and being involved in more conversations and decisions. I think he wants to go into gymnastics with Esther now. And swimming. So we'll see. They're all in a little play in church again and the girls have little lines. They're angels and I can't remember if Danny is a shepherd or a sheep. Anyway. At the end they all sing "come let us adore him"and it is SO funny to see Danny singing at the top of his lungs "OH come yet us adore him! come yet us adore him... ChriiIIIIist a Yord!!" He loves to sing. And it's super cute. 

The kids have said such super cute things lately and I just a big, fat fail for remembering what they are... It's one of those things where you think "Oh, I'll remember that for sure!" and then later when I go to tell B that super fun and adorable thing they did or said, I totally forgot!!

2 things I did remember are both by Daniel.  One was yesterday while he was playing with his machine and he said "And I have to skreeeeetch so high!!" He meant stretch.

Daniel: Ria, I'm bigger than you!
Maria: No, you're not.
Daniel: If me jump super high, I'm is!!

Meghan and I went to Value Village and the Salvation Army together last week. For an ugly sweater party for our old home group. And it was a bit of a gong show. The kids were looking at everything and so wowed by it all and exclaiming over everything! Especially Santa Clause in the bathtub! Hahahaha. That was pretty funny, though. But I wasn't about to buy it. And I could have sworn a couple of the old folks just loved the kids so much they just followed us around. It was pretty funny. Tommy was pretty fussy, though and it got to be a bit of a gong show but we left with a couple hideous sweaters and accessories and we (Danny)  found a big, plastic digger truck for the kids for 7 bucks. Score! That may or may not have added to the gongshowness of our day ;)

And Christmas is upon us. The kids have their chocolate advent calendars and Maria colored a color by number nativity set, brought her paper mache snowman home, and we drew names for Christmas (The older 3 are so stoked to get to be part of this and choose gifts) and that's all that we've done so far. The kids are so anxious to get decorations out!

The house is in shambles at the moment. The big desk we put in our room for homeschooling is now in our front area and I'm getting all the shelves mixed around and organized. Phew! And here I am writing on my blog because I'm so motivated to get 'er done! But once that's done we'll pull those decorations out and a decorating we will go!!
The kids aren't doing so well "figgering out us probyem" so off I go to help out.
So that's today's update.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment