Hi readers!
Can you believe it's MAY already?! Man, life is sure zooming by!!
I love May. Less rain, more sun. Well here's hoping, anyway ;) Bryant grabbed the tractor and tilled the garden for me today! Hooray! Soon we have to have a "field trip" to Devan greenhouses to get some seeds and or started vegetable plants. Totally changing how we're doing things this year. Bryant made the garden bigger this year so I'm planning on more tomatoes, and adding peppers and cucumbers and maybe some melons to the mix this year. And who knows what else! We're surrounded by berries and corn so we don't need those. And I'll do less lettuce and at different times and will try for spinach as well. And carrots. Oh, now I'm excited! The garden is about twice as big now!
Thomas is 8 weeks old today! I weighed him on our home scale and he's sitting at 14.3 pounds. Definitely my biggest so far. Still doing super. He has cranky days. Like today. I think every one took cranky-I-don't-have-to-listen-pills! Lots of cuddle time means I have more free time on here. Right now the older 3 are enjoying happy hour. Running around with their cars.
Here's Tommy's 8 week old photo.

And a super great photo of the four that I love.

Does anyone have any great recipes for quinoa? I'm super interested in starting to use it in our cooking because it's apparently super healthy. I know you can sneak it in things like chili and rice and my mom put it in her lasagna. Didn't even notice taste or texture wise. I found this site that looks like it has really great recipes but also a couple different kids of quinoa bites. Like cheese bites, pizza bites, buffalo chicken bites and even chicken cordon bleu bites - all made with quinoa as the main ingredient. They're baked in mini muffin tins and they seem so easy. She has lots of other recipes that seem pretty yummy. Like the mango frosting on the cupcakes looks delish! Anyway. Here is where you can find her recipes. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/regProduct.asp?WRN=-1555847457&sku=18435152&
I don't think I've shared recipes before. It's just that I made up all the meals for this month already and I'm not sure how badly I want to switch it around again. So if any of you feel like trying any of these let me know! Or maybe I'll let you know :) We'll see.
Here's a few words I read the other day that kind of packed a powerful punch: Worry is temporary atheism
It at least makes one think. If we're worrying we're obviously not trusting God in our situation. I tend to get stressed and overwhelmed. But really it's the same thing.I'm so needing to change the way I run my life. I so desire for my kids to grow up loving God and having a relationship with Him. But how will that happen if I'm not showing them how and being an example?
Anyway. Got to run.
Can you believe it's MAY already?! Man, life is sure zooming by!!
I love May. Less rain, more sun. Well here's hoping, anyway ;) Bryant grabbed the tractor and tilled the garden for me today! Hooray! Soon we have to have a "field trip" to Devan greenhouses to get some seeds and or started vegetable plants. Totally changing how we're doing things this year. Bryant made the garden bigger this year so I'm planning on more tomatoes, and adding peppers and cucumbers and maybe some melons to the mix this year. And who knows what else! We're surrounded by berries and corn so we don't need those. And I'll do less lettuce and at different times and will try for spinach as well. And carrots. Oh, now I'm excited! The garden is about twice as big now!
Thomas is 8 weeks old today! I weighed him on our home scale and he's sitting at 14.3 pounds. Definitely my biggest so far. Still doing super. He has cranky days. Like today. I think every one took cranky-I-don't-have-to-listen-pills! Lots of cuddle time means I have more free time on here. Right now the older 3 are enjoying happy hour. Running around with their cars.
Here's Tommy's 8 week old photo.
And a super great photo of the four that I love.
Does anyone have any great recipes for quinoa? I'm super interested in starting to use it in our cooking because it's apparently super healthy. I know you can sneak it in things like chili and rice and my mom put it in her lasagna. Didn't even notice taste or texture wise. I found this site that looks like it has really great recipes but also a couple different kids of quinoa bites. Like cheese bites, pizza bites, buffalo chicken bites and even chicken cordon bleu bites - all made with quinoa as the main ingredient. They're baked in mini muffin tins and they seem so easy. She has lots of other recipes that seem pretty yummy. Like the mango frosting on the cupcakes looks delish! Anyway. Here is where you can find her recipes. http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/regProduct.asp?WRN=-1555847457&sku=18435152&
I don't think I've shared recipes before. It's just that I made up all the meals for this month already and I'm not sure how badly I want to switch it around again. So if any of you feel like trying any of these let me know! Or maybe I'll let you know :) We'll see.
Here's a few words I read the other day that kind of packed a powerful punch: Worry is temporary atheism
It at least makes one think. If we're worrying we're obviously not trusting God in our situation. I tend to get stressed and overwhelmed. But really it's the same thing.I'm so needing to change the way I run my life. I so desire for my kids to grow up loving God and having a relationship with Him. But how will that happen if I'm not showing them how and being an example?
No comments:
Post a Comment